Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Native Mac shell ToolBar with JFace ToolBarManager(Using native Mac shell ToolBar with JFace ToolBarManager (in an ApplicationWindow))
Native Mac shell ToolBar with JFace ToolBarManager [message #687788] Thu, 23 June 2011 08:35 Go to next message
Christoph Wulf is currently offline Christoph WulfFriend
I really enjoy the new native shell ToolBar on Mac OS. But most of my RCP users are still Windows users. So I'd like to use the native tool bar on Mac and the standard tool bar on Windows in a JFace ApplicationWindow, but configure it independently from a specific tool bar implementation via a JFace ToolBarManager.

Unfortunately the new nice ToolBar on Mac OS does not really integrate very well with the ApplicationWindow. Usually an ApplicationWindow's ToolBarManager is created before the shell and the actual tool bar which is created by the ToolBarManager. To use the native tool bar, the ToolBarManager has to be created after the shell to create it for the shell's native tool bar.

I came up with a solution involving a lot of if (Util.isMac) { ... } clauses but in the end it seems that the native ToolBar cannot be managed by a ToolBarManager.
update always crashes in update(property: String) of the ActionContributionItems since the widgets (tool items) don't exist (although update(property: String) seems to be called only if a widget exists...)

Are there plans for an integration of the new platform specific tool bars into the JFace ApplicationWindow? Something like addShellToolBar according to addToolBar(style: Int) would be nice.

Did anyone successfully managed a native ToolBar with a ToolBarManager?
Re: Native Mac shell ToolBar with JFace ToolBarManager [message #687790 is a reply to message #687788] Thu, 23 June 2011 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Wulf is currently offline Christoph WulfFriend
Please excuse by Scala style written signatures, but I think, you'll know what I meant Smile
Re: Native Mac shell ToolBar with JFace ToolBarManager [message #698860 is a reply to message #687788] Wed, 20 July 2011 11:42 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Can you attach the ToolBarManager to the SWT ToolBar that represents the native Mac toolbar you are interested in?

Is the problem that the TBM used by the JFace ApplicationWindow won't work with new SWT Mac Toolbar support?

PW

Previous Topic:observeImage
Next Topic:Binding checkbutton to text enabled property
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:44:41 GMT 2024