Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » eTrice » Refactoring feature to compose/decompose states(Discussion acording refactoring the refactoring feature compose/decompose)
Refactoring feature to compose/decompose states [message #687586] Wed, 22 June 2011 19:34 Go to next message
Thomas Jung is currently offline Thomas JungFriend
Hi all,

i designed a lot of FSMs within the last weeks. I often thought it would be a helpfull feature to automatically compose a group of states together within a superstate without redrawing transitions and copy and paste action code. The reverse feature decompose (to reduce one level of hierarchy) would also be nice to have.
This would be very helpfull within the daily work.
It ist clearly not a feature for the first release, but a long term issue.

What do you think ?

Thomas J.
Re: Refactoring feature to compose/decompose states [message #692928 is a reply to message #687586] Tue, 05 July 2011 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Rentz-Reichert is currently offline Henrik Rentz-ReichertFriend
Hi Thomas,

would cut/copy/paste be sufficient for this purpose? Or have you thought of a more elaborate mechanism?

Please feel free to file an enhancement request in bugzilla.

-Henrik

Am 22.06.2011 21:34, schrieb Thomas Jung:
> Hi all,
>
> i designed a lot of FSMs within the last weeks. I often thought it would be a helpfull feature to automatically compose a group of
> states together within a superstate without redrawing transitions and copy and paste action code. The reverse feature decompose
> (to reduce one level of hierarchy) would also be nice to have. This would be very helpfull within the daily work.
> It ist clearly not a feature for the first release, but a long term issue.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Thomas J.
Re: Refactoring feature to compose/decompose states [message #696739 is a reply to message #692928] Thu, 14 July 2011 18:21 Go to previous message
Thomas Jung is currently offline Thomas JungFriend
Hi Henrik,

my thought was to preserve the triggers from the higher state during decomposing, or automatically generate entry/exit points during composing of a superstate. But your are right, we should go with copy and paste and collect some experiances to decide if it is worth to spent the effort.

Thomas
Previous Topic:Visibility of group transitions inside a state
Next Topic:eTrice nightly builds available from download site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:39:46 GMT 2024