Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » (jspf fragment) was not found at expected path - Adding external(How can I make jsp validation "see" an external folder?)
(jspf fragment) was not found at expected path - Adding external [message #687563] Wed, 22 June 2011 18:35 Go to next message
Dale  is currently offline Dale Friend
Rather than turning off jspf validation, I'd rather try and get WTP to "see" some jsp's that are part of a core web application that is not in my project, but is in the final build.

Yeah, so I've got two builds I do. One is the auto build that Eclipse does, and the other is an Apache Ant script that unpacks a core bunch of files, then follows that step with writing files out of my project. So the resulting build folder has more than what's in my project.

That all works pretty good, except that I get tons of "(jspf fragment) was not found at expected path" errors. Since the core files don't change at all, I would like to set those up somehow so that the jsp validator could "see" them.

In other words, is it possible for me to put the external jsp files somewhere, then configure the jsp validator to recognize that these files, although not in (project)/WEB-INF/web/blahblah (where it expects them), are really in this external location?

--Dale--
Re: (jspf fragment) was not found at expected path - Adding external [message #688442 is a reply to message #687563] Fri, 24 June 2011 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg Amerson is currently offline Greg AmersonFriend
I have been wondering about this same capability if it is possible to do with project configuration or it would require code changes to JSP core plugins from Eclipse.
Re: (jspf fragment) was not found at expected path - Adding external [message #689166 is a reply to message #687563] Mon, 27 June 2011 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

On 6/22/2011 2:35 PM, Dale wrote:
> In other words, is it possible for me to put the external jsp files
> somewhere, then configure the jsp validator to recognize that these
> files, although not in (project)/WEB-INF/web/blahblah (where it expects
> them), are really in this external location?

No, not without really diving into the
..settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component file and declaring where
everything actually does come from. The JSP Validators will respect its
contents.

--
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing and JSDT
IBM Rational

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: (jspf fragment) was not found at expected path - Adding external [message #689427 is a reply to message #689166] Mon, 27 June 2011 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there any documentation on the full capabilities of the org.eclipse.wst.common.component file? Can this file reference JSP content outside of the eclipse workspace for instance?
Re: (jspf fragment) was not found at expected path - Adding external [message #689536 is a reply to message #689166] Mon, 27 June 2011 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin, Thanks for the reply. I don't mind digging around in a configuration file, but there seems to be not enough information from what you wrote to guide me.

When I look at that configuration file, there's only 3 bits of info in there, and two have to do with a "classes" (Java, not jsp). The only other is the context root. It doesn't allow me to put in a fully qualified file path the context root. And even if I put the fully qualified path directly into the config text file, it still does not see the jsp's from the build path.

So could you be more specific about how one would make changes to allow the validator to see the external jsp path?

-- Dale --

Re: (jspf fragment) was not found at expected path - Adding external [message #689622 is a reply to message #689536] Tue, 28 June 2011 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On 6/27/2011 3:30 PM, Dale wrote:
> Nitin, Thanks for the reply. I don't mind digging around in a
> configuration file, but there seems to be not enough information from
> what you wrote to guide me.
>
> When I look at that configuration file, there's only 3 bits of info in
> there, and two have to do with a "classes" (Java, not jsp). The only
> other is the context root. It doesn't allow me to put in a fully
> qualified file path the context root. And even if I put the fully
> qualified path directly into the config text file, it still does not see
> the jsp's from the build path.
>
> So could you be more specific about how one would make changes to allow
> the validator to see the external jsp path?

Unfortunately I'm not an expert on how you author that file by hand as
I've only seen it accessed through APIs, and really only know that the
JSP validator will make use of its contents. As you probably saw,
however, multiple paths from the the project can be deployed to the same
location on the server. You might want to do some experimentation with
linked resources (the Advanced section in the New File and New Folder
wizard) and how specifically you can set up the deployment.

--
Nitin Dahyabhai
IBM Rational

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Re: (jspf fragment) was not found at expected path - Adding external [message #689624 is a reply to message #689622] Tue, 28 June 2011 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You'll find the schema for that file at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/common/plugins/org.eclipse.wst.common.modulecore/schema/componentCore.xsd?view=co&revision=HEAD&root=WebTools_Project

--
Nitin Dahyabhai
IBM Rational

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Re: (jspf fragment) was not found at expected path - Adding external [message #689837 is a reply to message #689624] Tue, 28 June 2011 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info Nitin. Do you have any idea if it is possible to add additional web content through this file where it will validated/indexed but it will not be deployed?
Re: (jspf fragment) was not found at expected path - Adding external [message #690618 is a reply to message #689837] Wed, 29 June 2011 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On 6/28/2011 9:22 AM, Greg Amerson wrote:
> Thanks for the info Nitin. Do you have any idea if it is possible to add
> additional web content through this file where it will validated/indexed
> but it will not be deployed?

I do not know, but why should it be web content, then?

--
Nitin Dahyabhai
IBM Rational

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Re: (jspf fragment) was not found at expected path - Adding external [message #696310 is a reply to message #690618] Wed, 13 July 2011 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my case I have a project that a developer wants to edit JSPs that are part of a larger web application that they build against. So these JSPs can include other framework files (other jsps) that come from the platform they are building against, but in the default case those JSPs from the larger web application are not available in the eclipse workspace. So I tried your symlink idea and was able to get it to work, however, I don't need those other JSPs deployed as a part of the WTP deployment mechanism. Is there a way to exclude them?
Re: (jspf fragment) was not found at expected path - Adding external [message #696415 is a reply to message #696310] Wed, 13 July 2011 22:51 Go to previous message
Greg Amerson wrote on Wed, 13 July 2011 12:55
edit JSPs that are part of a larger web application that they build against...
That's very similar to the problem I'm up against.
Greg Amerson wrote on Wed, 13 July 2011 12:55
... I tried your symlink idea and was able to get it to work, however, I don't need those other JSPs deployed as a part of the WTP deployment mechanism.
Although it's possible for me to do this too, that's pretty much just pulling these files completely into the project, which I don't want to do, for the deployment and various similar "weight" issues. I looked at the schema referenced above, and there doesn't seem to be a way to get the analyzer to look outside of the context root.

--Dale--
Previous Topic:Where is WebModuleImportDataModel in Indigo?
Next Topic:WTP XML Editor in a RCP Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:52:24 GMT 2024