Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » qualified Association in TreeEditor
qualified Association in TreeEditor [message #685986] Tue, 21 June 2011 09:37 Go to next message
st oehm is currently offline st oehmFriend
hallo

i have a problem, with qualified Association or more exactly with mapping a qualified Association. According to the UML Specification, the qualifier is put as a children of a property. so let us assume a example like in the file bookSite.
is the mapping like in bookSiteUml correct.
especially is the duplication of the sitenumber correct (once in Site and once in sites)? is the cardinality of the property sites correct or must it be 1..1?
and what exactly means the cardinality of a qualifier?
can there be a qualifier also for attributes, which are not part of an association and can there be a qualifier in n-ary association, and when yes what does it mean?
the uml-specification is not very exact due this topic.

thanks for help
regards
stoehm
Re: qualified Association [message #686464 is a reply to message #685986] Wed, 22 June 2011 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Varnica is currently offline Vlad VarnicaFriend
You have to consider to consider both Java and UML. When creating a one to one qualified association then the java code should include attributes and methods such as displayed in the picture and the UML model should also include association in the Site class tree as well as qualifier in the Book class.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2011 12:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: qualified Association [message #686526 is a reply to message #686464] Wed, 22 June 2011 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi vlad
thanks for your reply
i am not sure, i have understand all now.
especially im not sure about the cardinalities. in your mappig one book has only one site, but i want a book with many sites. i set the cardinality from book to site to one because i found these here http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/ch16_9780131489066/elementLinks/16fig15.jpg in this context http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1398623&seqNum=16

regards stoehm
Re: qualified Association [message #686533 is a reply to message #686526] Wed, 22 June 2011 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Varnica is currently offline Vlad VarnicaFriend
I created java code and the UML model based on your first picture : http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/fa/3077/
I can not really judge Craig Larman book because he is the master while I am more likely to be the "polish plumber" looking at code and how it should be saved in the code and the metamodel.
We therefore can help you to answer questions such as what... but not why... !!
Do you want to get the java code and the model related to the diagram ?

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2011 13:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: qualified Association [message #691130 is a reply to message #686533] Thu, 30 June 2011 19:27 Go to previous message
hi vlad
i m sorry i was not at this forum for a longer time. if you could send me your code, that would be great

best regards
stoehm
Previous Topic:relationship of dependency - profile and class
Next Topic:Can all Classifier take part in an Association?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:02:02 GMT 2024