Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Updating RCP application using Plugins
Updating RCP application using Plugins [message #684311] Wed, 15 June 2011 11:50 Go to next message
mallikarjun rampure is currently offline mallikarjun rampureFriend
Hello All,

I have CDT plugins.I want to use them in eclipse RCP application.
Want to know whether using these CDT plugins, will I be able to view CDT perpsective in the RCP application.
What shoud I do to for the same??

I tried following thing but it didnt work at all:
1)Created Eclise RCP application with view.
2)Created .exe of the application using product configuration.
3)Copied the plugins into the plugins folder of the product.

MY understanding was that, it should install cdt plugins and show CDT perspective. but it didnt..Sad
I want to know whether my understanding is correct??
Please clarify.

Re: Updating RCP application using Plugins [message #684318 is a reply to message #684311] Wed, 15 June 2011 11:58 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

To create an RCP app that uses CDT, you would probably need to base your RCP app on org.eclipse.platform feature (which is the IDE workbench).

You can't just drop plugins anywhere, you would have to build a product that has your feature (for your plugins), the CDT features (for their plugins), and the org.eclipse.platform feature (for the IDE workbench).

To install CDT after the fact you would use something like Help>Install New Software or the p2 director [1], we don't support adding things in plugins/ anymore

PW

[1] http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_director.html

Previous Topic:Removal of perspective in RCP application
Next Topic:Get resource works from within IDE but not after export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:31:36 GMT 2024