Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Amalgam » Error while trying to build the requirements diagram
Error while trying to build the requirements diagram [message #684052] Tue, 14 June 2011 22:58 Go to next message
Nicolas SEILLER is currently offline Nicolas SEILLERFriend
Hello all,

I discovered Richard Gronback's book "Eclipse Modeling Project" a few weeks ago and I am currently trying to implement the requirements diagram tool. I followed all the steps for the initial diagram (until page 114 ) and when I generate the code, the plugin project does get created with all the source code inside it but the classes RequirementGroup2CanonicalEditPolicy and RequirementGroupCanonicalEditPolicy contain compilation errors. In both of them, a method is called named "getRequirementGroup_200(2/3)SemanticChildren" but that doesn't exist in the RequirementsDiagramUpdater class. Beyond these only two errors the rest of the code is fine.
As my tests seem to prove, the problem comes from the top node references without containment feature. When I remove these, the generated code doesn't contain any error.
Did anyone face this problem already ? If so, how did you solve it ?

FYI I'm not using the amalgamation project. I just downloaded Eclipse Helios Modeling package and installed GMF.

Thank you and best regards.

Re: Error while trying to build the requirements diagram [message #692616 is a reply to message #684052] Mon, 04 July 2011 20:52 Go to previous message
Nicolas SEILLER is currently offline Nicolas SEILLERFriend
Hello all,

I finally found out that my problem was caused by a bug in GMF tooling 2.3. It seems that on Helios release, there is no way to implement phantom nodes using tooling. I guess I'll just have to wait until there's a new GMF tooling release for Indigo and that it will correct the phantom node problem.
Previous Topic:[GSoC] Amalgamation - Modeling Example
Next Topic:[M2M] model2xhtml QVT problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:30:42 GMT 2024