Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » java.lang.RuntimeException: Application could not be found in the registry
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application could not be found in the registry [message #683675] Tue, 14 June 2011 08:26 Go to next message
Lior Missing name is currently offline Lior Missing nameFriend
Hi People,
I exported my rcp plugin based on the running configuration I previously had.
When trying to run it, I get the following error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "com.myapp.app.Run" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error.
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:248)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)

I tripled checked - all the plugins are present in the RCP plugins dir and I also have the appropriate extension point in plugin.xml:
<extension
id="myapplication"
name="My Application"
point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.applications">
<application>
<run class="com.myapp.app.Application"/>
</application>
</extension>
And also have the product extension present...

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Lior
Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Application could not be found in the registry [message #683692 is a reply to message #683675] Tue, 14 June 2011 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by:

On 2011-06-14 10:26, Lior wrote:
> Hi People,
> I exported my rcp plugin based on the running configuration I previously
> had.
> When trying to run it, I get the following error:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "com.myapp.app.Run" could not be
> found in the registry. The applications available are:
> org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error.
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:248)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)
> I tripled checked - all the plugins are present in the RCP plugins dir
> and I also have the appropriate extension point in plugin.xml:
> <extension
> id="myapplication"
> name="My Application"
> point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.applications">
> <application>
> <run class="com.myapp.app.Application"/>
> </application>
> </extension>
> And also have the product extension present...
>
> What am I missing?

This is a very fundamental error, that can basically mean everything.
One possible reason is that your code depends on Java 1.5 features and
your RCP program is started by Java 1.4. So check first whether the
logging shows that the Java version is appropriate.

HTH & Greetings from Bremen,

Daniel Krügler
Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Application could not be found in the registry [message #683700 is a reply to message #683692] Tue, 14 June 2011 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your help! Smile
I've checked for the java versions, and it seems to match both for the compilation and running processes.
Any other suggestions?

I also attached the entire log file, perhaps there is something I have totally missed..
!SESSION 2011-06-14 10:31:58.699 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_21-ea
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -consoleLog -debug

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-06-14 10:32:00.983
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application ... could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error.
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:248)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)

Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Application could not be found in the registry [message #683821 is a reply to message #683700] Tue, 14 June 2011 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

exported it where? and then dropped it in an eclipse/plugins and tried to launch it (which definitely wouldn't work)?

Or you can't run it from within eclipse?

PW

Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Application could not be found in the registry [message #684312 is a reply to message #683821] Wed, 15 June 2011 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Paul,
I exported it using the Product configuration wizard to a dir on my home directory .. (the whole process is automatic, and I didn't need to copy any files manually)
From within eclipse, I'm able to run the application prefectly...
Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Application could not be found in the registry [message #684320 is a reply to message #684312] Wed, 15 June 2011 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

did the product config export create any logs or zips in the directory you exported it to?

PW

Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Application could not be found in the registry [message #1018946 is a reply to message #684312] Thu, 14 March 2013 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nate Pendleton is currently offline Nate PendletonFriend
Hi Paul,
I am having an identical issue. Were you able to get things working?

Cheers,
Nate
Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Application could not be found in the registry [message #1702155 is a reply to message #683675] Mon, 20 July 2015 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Narayan Mising name is currently offline Narayan Mising nameFriend
I tried clearing the configuration before run and it worked !
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 9.10KB, Downloaded 2759 times)
Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: Application could not be found in the registry [message #1787608 is a reply to message #683675] Wed, 30 May 2018 00:38 Go to previous message
Chng Seng Guan is currently offline Chng Seng GuanFriend
For my case, "Clear the configuration area before launching" didn't help out. I noticed that my plugin.xml file get restore to basic [mean with limited info]/truncated. Luckily I still got backup the whole workspace. By replace the old plugin.xml, the issue resolved.
Previous Topic:develop eclipse RCP app without eclipse IDE?
Next Topic:Correct way to hide toolbar buttons and their function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:57:55 GMT 2024