Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » MANIFEST.MF location for STS->Virgo deployment
MANIFEST.MF location for STS->Virgo deployment [message #683325] Mon, 13 June 2011 14:20 Go to next message
Nick Wilson is currently offline Nick WilsonFriend
I have an application consisting of multiple OSGi bundles that I'm trying to deploy to Virgo 2.1.1. The bundles were originally set up as PDE plugin projects, but there seem to be some inconsistencies as to where PDE & STS expect the MANIFEST.MF file to be. This is what I currently have:

- /META-INF/MANIFEST.MF - This one is used by PDE to manage the dependencies between the projects.

- /src/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF - STS seems to need the manifest to be in this location in order to deploy to the Virgo server from within Eclipse.

- /pom.xml - As we're using Maven for continuous build the version number and dependencies also have to be in the pom file.

So I'm effectively maintaining the same version and dependency information in three separate files, which I don't really want to do. Is there any way simplify this set up? Maybe get STS to use the same manifest as PDE?
Thanks,

Nick

Re: MANIFEST.MF location for STS->Virgo deployment [message #683363 is a reply to message #683325] Mon, 13 June 2011 15:40 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Unfortunately there is no integration of STS and PDE. The Libra project is doing a great job at integrating WTP and PDE and looks like a great way of developing OSGi standard bundles, although it doesn't yet have a way to launch Virgo. The Virgo tooling, contributed to Eclipse from STS, is also developing, is able to launch Virgo (of course), and we hope to align it with Libra in due course.

For now, why not ditch the PDE manifest and run with STS and Maven? That's the approach we took in the Greenpages sample application which you may like to refer to. See also "Creating an Application with Virgo" which goes through the Greenpages sample in some detail.
Previous Topic:Bundle Overview is not working after Virgo Web Server 2.1.1 starts up
Next Topic:ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:30:22 GMT 2024