Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » java documentation substitution variables
java documentation substitution variables [message #682983] Sun, 12 June 2011 17:43 Go to next message
Dick Knox is currently offline Dick KnoxFriend
I just posted this on "newbies" but realize I should have posted it here

I hope you will forgive this since I assume it is a violation of protocol to double post

I'm new here and don't know how to remove it from the newbie forum

###

very basic question - embarrased to ask but I've spent hours looking for the answer

working in eclipse - doing java
I see that in Project properties code templates they use the notation
/**
* ${tags}
*/

I understand that somewhere I can define the substitution variable tags and it would thus be substituted for me - but I can't find where I define it.

also - in looking at oracle doecumentation I see
@version     %I%, %G%

can I use that syntax in eclipse - and again how do I invoke it? how do I define I and G?

I have spent hours trying to find where I define tags .. etc.

Also - when I type @author .. etc .. is there a way that it will automatically expand to some predefined value?

thanks in advance

Dick
Re: java documentation substitution variables [message #683233 is a reply to message #682983] Mon, 13 June 2011 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Eclipse finds out the substitution for any variables. If you need to change anything you could directly modify the template itself to use the value rather than a variable. Note that many of these variables get substituted when generating code.

You could look at http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user/reference/preferences/java/codestyle/ref-preferences-code-templates.htm for information of this tags.

%I% and %G% are generally substituted by SCMs - I don't think Eclipse substitutes for them.
Re: java documentation substitution variables [message #683611 is a reply to message #683233] Tue, 14 June 2011 05:03 Go to previous message
Dick Knox is currently offline Dick KnoxFriend
Satyam - thanks you so much. You are a life saver. Dick
Previous Topic:Ant debugging using the "Expressions" feature?
Next Topic:ant script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:18:18 GMT 2024