Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Best practices getting started with OSGi development and Virgo?(I did the greenpages and Jorg Viola's snaps tutorials, but my own tryouts keep ending up running in vicious import issues...any tips? )
icon9.gif  Best practices getting started with OSGi development and Virgo? [message #681811] Thu, 09 June 2011 22:19 Go to next message
Jochen Szostek is currently offline Jochen SzostekFriend

Hi all,

So I successfully followed the greenpages tutorial and the Virgo snaps tutorials of Jorg Viola. And I also got some feeling with bundlor and I think I know how to use it to assist me.

I've also read the FAQ, and they nicely explain a bunch of issues that can occur.

But all my own tryouts end up in issues with imports, running around in circles. Embarrassed
Especially persistence (both hibernate as eclipselink) seem to get me into troubles.

I already started reading "OSGi in action" to get a wider background in the whole technology, but now I was wondering if there maybe are any best practices for advancing in OSGi development with Virgo?

Perhaps I'd better take the greenpages example and start to trying adding/swapping technologies there?
Or perhaps someone could point me out to other methods that could help me evolve in my development?

Would be appreciated a lot! Smile

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

Jochen

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2011 22:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Best practices getting started with OSGi development and Virgo? [message #681965 is a reply to message #681811] Fri, 10 June 2011 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

You can check the modified GreenPages by Dmitry Sklyt that demonstrates EclipseLink and Hibernate integration.

You can also have a look at this tutorial for Gemini and Virgo (JPA, JDBC, Web).
Re: Best practices getting started with OSGi development and Virgo? [message #682025 is a reply to message #681965] Fri, 10 June 2011 09:00 Go to previous message
Jochen Szostek is currently offline Jochen SzostekFriend

Hristo Iliev wrote on Fri, 10 June 2011 02:55
You can check the modified GreenPages by Dmitry Sklyt that demonstrates EclipseLink and Hibernate integration.

You can also have a look at this tutorial for Gemini and Virgo (JPA, JDBC, Web).

Wow, thanks a lot. That already seems like enough to get me started. Smile Smile
Previous Topic:Vaadin + Virgo not working...
Next Topic:Bundle Overview is not working after Virgo Web Server 2.1.1 starts up
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:57:44 GMT 2024