Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Export to Multiple Platforms
Export to Multiple Platforms [message #681711] Thu, 09 June 2011 17:19 Go to next message
Alfred Sterphone is currently offline Alfred SterphoneFriend
I'm developing an RCP application on a Win32 system, but I would like to distribute it to both Win32 systems and Mac OS X systems. When I use the product export wizard, I can successful export my standalone Win32 application. What I don't know how to do is export a Mac OS X application.

My guess is that I need to import the project into Eclipse running on Mac OS X and export the product in that manner. Unfortunately, I do not have a Mac at my disposal, so I was wondering if there's any way around this.

Please let me know. Thanks!
Re: Export to Multiple Platforms [message #682122 is a reply to message #681711] Fri, 10 June 2011 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

During a PDE build, you would use the director to export products for the different platforms, and p2 repos that contain the mutli-platform content. Exporting from PDE UI, you want to use the delta pack. See posts like http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/06/using-deltapack-in-eclipse-35.html

PW

Re: Export to Multiple Platforms [message #682159 is a reply to message #682122] Fri, 10 June 2011 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is excellent. Thanks for the tip. I've added the Delta Pack as a Target Platform within Eclipse RCP, but I cannot get my code to compile once I've done this. I've tried tweaking the plugin settings, but to no avail. I can't even find a tutorial online. Maybe I've been searching for the wrong things? Any additional help would be appreciated. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to mess around to try and get it to work. If I do, I will post back here. Thanks!

Edit: I've found this (www.vogella.de/articles/EclipsePDEBuild/article.html#deltapack), and am about to try it.

Edit2: While the tutorial was very helpful, I am failing at the last step. Google is not helpful with my error...

Unable to find plug-in: com.ibm.icu_0.0.0. Please check the error log for more details.

There is no error log, and I am completely stuck. Any help appreciated...

Edit3: Fixed that error by properly adding the feature. I had confused "feature" with "product" clearly, they are not the same. Presented with new error. Plugin for org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.<version> not found. Resolved below.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2011 18:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Export to Multiple Platforms [message #682263 is a reply to message #682159] Fri, 10 June 2011 18:09 Go to previous message
Solution
Delta Pack version must match Eclipse IDE version. For example, Eclipse RCP 3.6.2 is released, but only Delta Pack 3.6.1 is available for download. I downloaded Eclipse RCP 3.6.1 along with Delta Pack 3.6.1. The build according to that tutorial (above) worked great.
Previous Topic:Commands and the Common Navigation Framework
Next Topic:WizardResourceImportPage container validation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:28:46 GMT 2024