Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] failed to convert MT to MTL project
[Acceleo] failed to convert MT to MTL project [message #677427] Wed, 08 June 2011 13:32 Go to next message
Nawel  is currently offline Nawel Friend
I have a Acceleo 2 project including a set of Acceleo2 templates (mt files). I would like to convert them to the new Acceleo 3 syntax. I click right on the project then go to "Acceleo/Convert to MTL projects". Then a new project is generated but it is almost empty. It contains only a main.mtl, main.java and main.emt files without any reference to the original mt files !! knowing that my meta-model is correctly exported and I actually set it when I convert the MT project.
I'm using :
eclipse 3.6
Acceleo 3.0.1
EMF 2.6.1
UML2 3.1.2
I do not know if it is important to mention that we use the acceleo templates in a standalone mode. But our problem is still at the conversion stage quite before its export as a standalone application.

Could you please give me the exact MT to MTL conversion procedure and tell me what I'm doing wrong ! I do not find any documentation on that.
Re: [Acceleo] failed to convert MT to MTL project [message #677710 is a reply to message #677427] Thu, 09 June 2011 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Nawel,

We have had trouble with the automatic conversion of some Acceleo 2 projects, with which we had to :
1 - Create an empty, new Acceleo 2 project
2 - Copy/Paste all of the "old" Acceleo 2 project's content into the new one
3 - Launch the migration of the new project.

We have never really understood why some projects fail to be converted even though their exact copy can be converted properly ... maybe something in the metadata or .project that prevent the conversion.

Let me know if creating such a "copy" project does not help.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: [Acceleo] failed to convert MT to MTL project [message #677759 is a reply to message #677710] Thu, 09 June 2011 10:21 Go to previous message
Nawel  is currently offline Nawel Friend
Yes, it works !
Thank's a lot.
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] get referencing objects to self
Next Topic:[Acceleo] Acceleo Application run configuration icw deployed generator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:06:06 GMT 2024