Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Problems with validation of audit rules
Problems with validation of audit rules [message #677395] Wed, 08 June 2011 11:45 Go to next message
Aintzane  is currently offline Aintzane Friend
Hi,

I've added an audit rule to my mapping model (use in live mode = yes), and it works fine, that is, the validation works well and I can't finish a forbidden action. However I can't see the error message anywhere.

I've tried to find where the audit rule is validated or where the message is obtained, in order to create a Dialog Box that shows the message when the rule is broken. But I haven't been successful.

Can anybody tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aintzane

Re: Problems with validation of audit rules [message #677406 is a reply to message #677395] Wed, 08 June 2011 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

Did you try starting the validation manually via Edit->Validate in the diagram editor?

Ralph
Re: Problems with validation of audit rules [message #677426 is a reply to message #677406] Wed, 08 June 2011 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I did, but this validation error does not appear in the list of problems.
I'm sure that the validation is being done, because when I try to create a "wrong" link it is not created. But no message is shown, and I would like to inform users about what is going wrong with a message box.

Aintzane
Re: Problems with validation of audit rules [message #677428 is a reply to message #677426] Wed, 08 June 2011 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

did you follow all steps as described here?

http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_Tutorial_Part_2#Validation

Also setting up the generator model?

Ralph
Re: Problems with validation of audit rules [message #677452 is a reply to message #677428] Wed, 08 June 2011 15:05 Go to previous message
Yes, I followed that part of the tutorial.

I've got. I have an automatically generated message box with the violated rule. I think that the problem was with the "Live Validation UI Feedback" property. Now I have in the gmfgen file:
Diagram -> Validation Decorators = true
Diagram -> Validation Enabled = true
Diagram -> Live Validation UI Feedback = true
Providers -> Validation Decorator Provider Priority = Medium
Providers -> Validation Provider Priority = Medium

Thank you very much. Regards,

Aintzane
Previous Topic:Diagram Model
Next Topic:Cannot create link model for arbitrary nodes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:10:02 GMT 2024