Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Couldn't view memory analyzer perspective in Helios..
Couldn't view memory analyzer perspective in Helios.. [message #677295] Wed, 08 June 2011 05:11 Go to next message
ratha  is currently offline ratha Friend
Hi ,
I was able to install memory analyzer tool via eclipse update site..
But now i couldn't switch to "memory analyzer perspective" (i dont see such kind of perspective) or i don't get *.hprof file when i run a java program...(i did a VM setting -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError)

Any help please?

Rgds,
Ratha.
Re: Couldn't view memory analyzer perspective in Helios.. [message #677306 is a reply to message #677295] Wed, 08 June 2011 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Krum Tsvetkov is currently offline Krum TsvetkovFriend
Hi,

>> But now i couldn't switch to "memory analyzer perspective"

Did you list all available perspectives, because Memory Analyzer is not showing up in the pre-populated list?
Go "Window" -> "Open Perspective" -> "Other..." and look for "Memory Analysis"
If it is missing among "Other..." can you look for some message in the error log which could be related?

>> i don't get *.hprof file when i run a java program...(i did a VM setting -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError)

With this option you will get a heap dump only if the VM runs into an OutOfMemoryError. Is this the case?

Krum
Re: Couldn't view memory analyzer perspective in Helios.. [message #677400 is a reply to message #677306] Wed, 08 June 2011 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i did exactly..but i don't see MAT view. I attached the screen shot

And yes, i wrote a program to leak memory and i couldn't see such *.hprof file...(like pointed in this article, same code i'm trying)

Regrds,
-Ratha..
Re: Couldn't view memory analyzer perspective in Helios.. [message #677711 is a reply to message #677400] Thu, 09 June 2011 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Krum Tsvetkov is currently offline Krum TsvetkovFriend
>> yes i did exactly..but i don't see MAT view. I attached the screen shot
I haven't experienced the problem so far. Are there any messages the error log?

>> i couldn't see such *.hprof file...
The file (if written) should be in the working directory of the process. The VM also writes some statements to the console when writing the heap dump. Are there any?
Re: Couldn't view memory analyzer perspective in Helios.. [message #683667 is a reply to message #677711] Tue, 14 June 2011 08:04 Go to previous message
Hi,
I think the problem with my installation..anyway i haven't faced any issue with code development..only issue with the plugin install..(i checked with 'findbug' plugin also.. it didn't work)
Now again got a fresh distribution and tried to install both plugins...they work fine..

Thanks for answering me...

Regards,
-Ratha.
Previous Topic:What does Ref. Object mean in Common Path to the Accumulation Point?
Next Topic:Accessing an element in an Array and ArrayList
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:32:34 GMT 2024