Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Cannot seem to use WindowBuilder after installation(Hopefully a quick fix...)
Cannot seem to use WindowBuilder after installation [message #676874] Mon, 06 June 2011 19:50 Go to next message
Dwight DeGroff is currently offline Dwight DeGroffFriend
I have installed WindowBuilder Pro (via dl.google.com/eclipse/inst/d2wbpro/latest/3.6) using the "Install New Software..." feature of Eclispe, along with the Swing/GWT designer. I am using Eclipse 3.6.1.

I can confirm that the packages appear in the "Installed Software" list, as org.eclipse.wb..., org.eclipse.wb.swing..., etc. (Am I "allowed" to install both the GWT and Swing designers?)

However, after restarting Eclipse I can't seem to actually *use* WB. When I navigate to Window->Preferences, I do not see "WindowBuilder". If I right-click an existing file, and navigate to "Open with...", there is not an option to selection WindowBuilder.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I checked out the FAQ, which lead me to look for the preferences which leads me to believe that not seeing them means that something else is wrong.

If it matters I am currently developing on a RHEL6 platform.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2011 19:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot seem to use WindowBuilder after installation [message #676921 is a reply to message #676874] Tue, 07 June 2011 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Did you install the "WindowBuilder Engine" component (a require prereq for both Swing and GWT support)?

I would need to see your Eclipse config details to see what you have installed (and not).
Re: Cannot seem to use WindowBuilder after installation [message #677137 is a reply to message #676921] Tue, 07 June 2011 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply, Eric.

Yes, I installed "WindowBuilder Engine" in addition to the previously mentioned Designers.

Under the "Installed Software" tab, I see the following(in addition to many other things):

WindowBuilder Core (Version 0.9.0.r36x20110506...)
WindowBuilder Core Documentation
WindowBuilder Core UI
WindowBuilder CSS Support
WindowBuilder GroupLayout Support
WindowBuilder XML Core
Swing Designer
Swing Designer Documentation
GWT Designer (Version 2.3.1.r36x20110506...)
GWT Designer Core
GWE Designer Documentation

- I have attached the output of "Installation Details->Configuration tab" to aid in determining what is (not) installed.

Re: Cannot seem to use WindowBuilder after installation [message #677182 is a reply to message #677137] Tue, 07 June 2011 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
According to the config you sent, none of those pieces appears to be installed (explaining why you aren't see anything). I would try a new install into a new, clean version of Eclipse.
Re: Cannot seem to use WindowBuilder after installation [message #677201 is a reply to message #677182] Tue, 07 June 2011 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll give that a try. Thanks, Eric.
Re: Cannot seem to use WindowBuilder after installation [message #677424 is a reply to message #677201] Wed, 08 June 2011 13:22 Go to previous message
A combination of re-installing Eclipse and downloading WindowBuilder from http://download.eclipse.org/windowbuilder/WB/integration/3.6 did the trick. Thanks again for your help, Eric.
Previous Topic:Using alternate resource manager for images, fonts, and colors
Next Topic:Window Builder 3.7RC4 available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:54:55 GMT 2024