Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Editors tab order + menu text
Editors tab order + menu text [message #676687] Mon, 06 June 2011 07:06 Go to next message
Gennady Gromov is currently offline Gennady GromovFriend
Hello!

The method IWorkbenchPage.getEditorReferences() returns the array of open editors but not in an order of their tabs oder (for instance when I change this order manually by mouse).
How to get the information of the editors tab order?

Thank you.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2011 11:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Editors tab order [message #676778 is a reply to message #676687] Mon, 06 June 2011 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

There's no way to get the editors in tab order in Eclipse 3.x. That information is buried in the implementation details of the default presentation: org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.getPartList()

In Eclipse 4.1, the model contains the editor references in tab order.

PW

Re: Editors tab order [message #677036 is a reply to message #676778] Tue, 07 June 2011 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for answer! I am waiting for Eclipse 4.1 Smile.

Also one question...

The text or image of a menu item (created as a commands) can be updated in updateElement() method in IElementUpdater interface implemented in handler of a command based on AbstractHandler class. But how to update the menu text which contains such item? The way similar to update the item text don't work...

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2011 11:41]

Re: Editors tab order [message #677052 is a reply to message #677036] Tue, 07 June 2011 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

ALGROM wrote on Tue, 07 June 2011 07:32
Thank you for answer! I am waiting for Eclipse 4.1 Smile.

Also one question...

The text or image of a menu item (created as a commands) can be updated in updateElement() method in IElementUpdater interface implemented in handler of a command based on AbstractHandler class.

Yes, that's true.

Quote:
But how to update the menu text which contains such item? The way similar to update the item text don't work...

You mean how do you update the containing Menu? There is no API for that.

PW

Re: Editors tab order [message #677059 is a reply to message #677052] Tue, 07 June 2011 12:37 Go to previous message
Text of menu items (as commands) can be updated in the updateElement() method implemented into the handler of a command. Menus (not items, such as "File", "Edit" etc.) has no command but I need to update their texts programmically too...
Which is the right way. Of course, I can do it directly via the MenuMeneger but I think it is not right way in RCP.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2011 07:27]

Previous Topic:Only one instance of my RCP product
Next Topic:auto saving preferences
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:30:26 GMT 2024