Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Project Proposals » Lyo proposal posted
Lyo proposal posted [message #676121] Thu, 02 June 2011 21:00 Go to next message
Wayne Beaton is currently offline Wayne BeatonFriend
Eclipse Lyo is not a project tasked with creating OSLC compliant tools.
Instead, it is a project that will create an SDK for enabling others to
create OSLC-based tool integrations. Further, the project is not for
general purpose linked data technologies, though it will certainly rely
on other OSS projects for these capabilities (e.g. RDF triple store).

Wayne
Re: Lyo proposal posted [message #676226 is a reply to message #676121] Fri, 03 June 2011 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier Berger is currently offline Olivier BergerFriend

Just a couple bits :

- FYI, there's an adapter for Bugzilla being developped in the examples codebase, which is meant to provide an OSLC-CM compatible adapter for bugzilla, which could well be used for eclipse's own bugzilla (eating your own dog food, etc.). More details in http : //open-services.net/pipermail/oslc-cm_open-services.net/2011-May/000301.html

- also, we've been working on an OSLC-CM compatible client plugin for Jenkins (which may as well work for Hudson), in order to allow submission of bug reports into any OSLC-CM compatible bug tracker whenever builds fail. More details at : https : //wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/OSLC-CM+Plugin

These 2 are quite in line with more OSLC being part of Eclipse, through this Lyo proposal, IMHO.

My 2 cents,

Best regards,

P.S.: I'm not, so far, involved in Eclipse activities myself, and am one of the committers of the oslc-tools project prefiguring Lyo.
P.P.S: as I'm new, the f*ckin forum tool won't allow me to add links Sad... remove spaces and enjoy, anyway
Re: Lyo proposal posted [message #676259 is a reply to message #676121] Fri, 03 June 2011 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Johnson is currently offline Dave JohnsonFriend
Wayne, thanks for posting the proposal and starting the thread.

I just want to say that feedback is most welcome and I'll be watching this forum to answer any questions that come up about OSLC, OSLC Tools and the proposal in general. Also, I want to get to 5 forum posts so that I can post links here Smile

Thanks,
Dave

--
David M. Johnson
OSLC Core Workgroup Lead
IBM Rational Software

Re: Lyo proposal posted [message #676261 is a reply to message #676121] Fri, 03 June 2011 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to provide some additional links to help people understand this proposal. Since this is only my 2nd post here, I cannot yet post links. So, for now, you'll have to add the "http colon slash slash" part yourself.

First, a link to the Eclipse Lyo proposal:
www.eclipse.org/proposals/technology.lyo

Next, a link to the existing OSLC Tools project where the Lyo codebase currently lives:
oslc-tools.sourceforge.net

A link to the community that defines the OSLC specifications that Lyo supports:
open-services.net

And finally, a link to the announcement that I send to the OSLC community about the Lyo proposal:
open-services.net/pipermail/community_open-services.net/2011-June/000384.html

Feedback is most welcome!

Thanks,
Dave

--
David M. Johnson
OSLC Core Workgroup Lead
IBM Rational Software
Re: Lyo proposal posted [message #676267 is a reply to message #676261] Fri, 03 June 2011 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre Queinnec is currently offline Pierre QueinnecFriend
Hi guys,

Following on your mail on oslc-core@, you can list us (Zenika) as Interested Party if that's of interest.
Regards,
-- Pierre
Re: Lyo proposal posted [message #676337 is a reply to message #676267] Fri, 03 June 2011 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Pierre, thanks for your interest. I will add you to the list.

- Dave

Re: Lyo proposal posted [message #676742 is a reply to message #676261] Mon, 06 June 2011 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Hi Dave,

the Eclipse Jubula project is very much interested in working with Lyo to extend the services toward requirements and testing (including traceability).

Since we are in the Indigo end game right now we will probably need a few weeks to look into the OSLC project and find were we can do the most.

For the time being would you please add the Jubula project as an interested party.

- Achim

Achim Lörke

Re: Lyo proposal posted [message #676897 is a reply to message #676261] Mon, 06 June 2011 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raphael Faudou is currently offline Raphael FaudouFriend
Hi Dave,

Thanks you for your links to understand the proposal and its context.
Atos Origin is strongly interested by this initiative as we have already planned to work on interoperability services in the field of model distribution and requirement.
We might seriously consider contributing efforts to Lyo SDK.

is it possible to add Atos Origin as interested party?

if you must give some name within Atos Origin, please use "raphael Faudou" and "Bruno Paul".
Regards
Raphaël
Re: Lyo proposal posted [message #677056 is a reply to message #676897] Tue, 07 June 2011 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Achim and Raphael. I will add both Jubula and Atos Origin to the Eclipse Lyo proposal as interested parties.
Re: Lyo proposal posted [message #689315 is a reply to message #676121] Mon, 27 June 2011 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Speicher is currently offline Steve SpeicherFriend

Thanks for the reviews we've received so far. We will be evaluating the feedback we've received and determine when best to initiate the project creation review. If you haven't done so, please provide your feedback.

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
Re: Lyo proposal posted [message #691030 is a reply to message #689315] Thu, 30 June 2011 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier Berger is currently offline Olivier BergerFriend

FYI, the Creation Review is in the process : https: //bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=350704 (July 13 deadline).
Re: Lyo proposal posted [message #696283 is a reply to message #691030] Wed, 13 July 2011 15:57 Go to previous message
Wayne Beaton is currently offline Wayne BeatonFriend
The creation review has been declared successful. Lyo is now awaiting
provisioning.

Wayne

On 06/30/2011 11:16 AM, Olivier Berger wrote:
> FYI, the Creation Review is in the process : https:
> //bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=350704 (July 13 deadline).
Previous Topic:Orion Creation Review scheduled for week of June 23-29
Next Topic:About icon resolution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:01:58 GMT 2024