Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to make my menu contribution appear after a plug-in menu contribution?
How to make my menu contribution appear after a plug-in menu contribution? [message #675955] Thu, 02 June 2011 06:44 Go to next message
Oliver Mannion is currently offline Oliver MannionFriend
I have defined an Exit command to display on my File menu. However another plug-in is contributing a Open File item on the File menu and this is appearing AFTER my Exit command. I want my Exit command to appear last on the File menu.

I've tried specifying locationURI menu:file?after=org.eclipse.ui.openLocalFile but then my Exit menu item does not display at all. I think this might be because org.eclipse.ui.openLocalFile has not been loaded yet.

I've also tried specifying locationURI menu:file?after=additions but the Open File menu item still displays after mine.

How can I get the menu item order to be Open File and then my Exit command?
Re: How to make my menu contribution appear after a plug-in menu contribution? [message #676035 is a reply to message #675955] Thu, 02 June 2011 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

You asked on stackoverflow as well ... http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6211166/how-to-make-my-menu-contribution-appear-after-a-plug-in-menu-contribution/6215599#6215599

basically, you need to add the correct group markers so that things show up in the right order.

An example order can be seen in org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.WorkbenchActionBuilder.createFileMenu()

PW

Re: How to make my menu contribution appear after a plug-in menu contribution? [message #676112 is a reply to message #676035] Thu, 02 June 2011 21:21 Go to previous message
Oliver Mannion is currently offline Oliver MannionFriend
Thank you Paul the solution you provided on stack overflow works a treat! (I posted there before thinking this might be a better place to get an answer).
Previous Topic:Disabling Eclipse plugins upon startup programmatically
Next Topic:How To send a Business Model opened in Editors in CNF View (Common Navigator Framework)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:26:34 GMT 2024