Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Trouble with Target Definition File using Software Sites to define a target(I'm having trouble getting org.eclipse.ui.forms added to my Target Definition)
Trouble with Target Definition File using Software Sites to define a target [message #675573] Tue, 31 May 2011 21:43 Go to next message
Trace Windham is currently offline Trace WindhamFriend
I have a .target file and I'm attempting to only use Software Sites when defining my target requirements in order to easily share this target definition with fellow programmers via source control.

The trouble started when I tried to do
import org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.FormToolkit;
import org.eclipse.ui.intro.config.IIntroContentProviderSite; 
import org.eclipse.ui.intro.config.IIntroXHTMLContentProvider;

in one of my classes.

Since the Eclipse Forms plugin doesn't belong to the Eclipse RCP feature or the Eclipse Platform Feature, I am unable to find what feature the Eclipse Forms plugin belongs to.

I think that when I figure out what feature the Eclipse Forms plugin belongs to, I will also find the update site that I can point to via my .target file to retrieve Eclipse Forms (org.eclipse.ui.forms).

I'll also need to do the same thing for the Welcome Framework plugin (org.eclipse.ui.intro)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find these things. Again, I'm looking for what update site and feature that org.eclipse.ui.forms and org.eclipse.ui.intro belongs to. I've searched the internets and found very little.

Thanks for all your help.
Trace Windham
twindham at gmail dot com
Re: Trouble with Target Definition File using Software Sites to define a target [message #675579 is a reply to message #675573] Tue, 31 May 2011 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I'm new to the Target Definition thing. So bare with me.

I found the forms and intro plugins I needed by using the Eclipse Project SDK 3.6.2.r32_v20100929-7Q...... Feature.

So, I chose to use that in my Target Definition file and then I clicked the 'Set as Target Platform' link in the Target Definition editor.

But still, my code does not compile correctly because it still cannot see the org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.FormToolkit class.

I thought that if the target environment was defined and set, then my plugin projects would see those target platform plugins in its own Plug-in Dependencies section. But alas, it doesn't.

Am I missing something.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Trace Windham

Re: Trouble with Target Definition File using Software Sites to define a target [message #675782 is a reply to message #675579] Wed, 01 June 2011 13:40 Go to previous message
OK, OK... I'm a dummy.

I found my last problem and fixed it.

Now that I have the right Feature placed into my Target Definition File, I now have to go to the plugin that is referring to the org.eclipse.ui.forms code. I needed to modify the plugin.xml file to show that the plugin has a dependency on org.eclipse.ui.forms. I also added the dependency for org.eclipse.ui.intro.

All is happy now.

Sorry to bother. I let the issue of not finding the feature that contained org.eclipse.ui.forms make my mind cloudy.

Thanks,
Trace
Previous Topic:Complete IDE and tool-chain for C++ on linux
Next Topic:Edit readonly files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:33:08 GMT 2024