Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Mylyn-Redmine-Git Integration
Mylyn-Redmine-Git Integration [message #675063] Mon, 30 May 2011 08:28 Go to next message
Ron Missing name is currently offline Ron Missing nameFriend
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to using all three components mentioned in the topic.
I've tried searching for a way to configure it the way I want, but so far, there's no joy.

I've installed the Mylyn-Redmine connector, and it seems to work fine.
In order for Redmine to be aware that a git commit is related to it, the commit message needs to the sentence 'refs xxx' where xxx is the issue number in Redmine.

Since Mylyn can link a change-set of files per task, I was hoping that it could inject that sentence in the commit dialog so that we won't need to add it manually.

Is there any way to do that?

Thanks!
Re: Mylyn-Redmine-Git Integration [message #675098 is a reply to message #675063] Mon, 30 May 2011 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manuel Doninger is currently offline Manuel DoningerFriend
I assume you use EGit, then you have to install the EGit-Mylyn-Plugin (also in the EGit-updatesite http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates). This plugin contains the functionality for the commit message.
Re: Mylyn-Redmine-Git Integration [message #675420 is a reply to message #675098] Tue, 31 May 2011 13:24 Go to previous message
Ron Missing name is currently offline Ron Missing nameFriend
Thanks, Manuel.
Silly rookie mistake on my behalf. I was certain I had the Egit-Mylyn connector installed which I hadn't.
All works well now.
Previous Topic:Re: Savannah and Mylyn
Next Topic:(no subject)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:56:08 GMT 2024