Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » update site project does not update artifacts after second build
update site project does not update artifacts after second build [message #674554] Fri, 27 May 2011 10:52 Go to next message
Henrik Rentz-Reichert is currently offline Henrik Rentz-ReichertFriend
Hi,

for some reason a second "build all" does something but doesn't change the contents of the binary, features and plugins folder
inside an update site plug-in.
Also the artifacts.jar and the content.jar are not updated.

As a workaround I found that I can use the files from
<workspace>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\tempp2metadata

Is there a way to make the build process also update the artifacts?

Thanks,
Henrik

PS: my update site project is
http://git.eclipse.org/c/etrice/org.eclipse.etrice.git/tree/releng/org.eclipse.etrice.update-site
Re: update site project does not update artifacts after second build [message #674569 is a reply to message #674554] Fri, 27 May 2011 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Is the second Build All generating new qualifiers? I know in p2 that a mirror will skip artifacts that have the same version (even if they have different contents).

PW

Re: update site project does not update artifacts after second build [message #674640 is a reply to message #674569] Fri, 27 May 2011 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Rentz-Reichert is currently offline Henrik Rentz-ReichertFriend
no, the second build is not generating new qualifiers.

But it's all local as part of the update site project in my workspace.
I assumed the jars should just be replaced by the new ones regardless of the version number...

Behind the scenes Ant scripts seem to be generated, executed and removed again, all by magic.
Nothing where I could check which assumptions are not fulfilled.
So, it's no question of p2 and mirrors but just one of the build process.

Am I wrong?

Henrik

Am 27.05.2011 13:33, schrieb Paul Webster:
> Is the second Build All generating new qualifiers? I know in p2 that a mirror will skip artifacts that have the same version
> (even if they have different contents).
>
> PW
>
Re: update site project does not update artifacts after second build [message #674648 is a reply to message #674640] Fri, 27 May 2011 17:28 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

If the PDE build is creating a p2 repository as part of its work it would use the p2 APIs and be subject to the p2 restriction (if the version is the same, the plugin is the same).

You could test by adding qualifiers to your plugins and features, and making sure they change on your second export.

There also might be a way to keep those scripts around (PDE UI Export generates some PDE Build scripts to do the work). Maybe Save As Ant Script on the Options tab of the export?

PW

Previous Topic:Epic problem with Eclipse
Next Topic:Legal question on EPL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:24:03 GMT 2024