Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » How to integrate EGL with diagram
How to integrate EGL with diagram [message #674393] Thu, 26 May 2011 18:16 Go to next message
Paulo Del Aguila is currently offline Paulo Del AguilaFriend
Hi guys,

I've done my egl code to generate code from a model, but I would like to integrate as the menu edit-> validation of EVL. Is there any way to call an EGL code for a button or menu to generate code?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Paulo Del Aguila

Re: How to integrate EGL with diagram [message #674427 is a reply to message #674393] Thu, 26 May 2011 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Paulo,

The following example demonstrates how Epsilon programs can be executed from Java http://eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/examples/index.php?example=org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone (look for the EglStandaloneExample class)

You'll need to create the button, get hold of the EMF Resource that underpins the diagram in your GMF editor, wrap it as an InMemoryEmfModel and add this model to the model repository of the EglTemplateFactoryModuleAdapter before you execute it.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: How to integrate EGL with diagram [message #674484 is a reply to message #674427] Fri, 27 May 2011 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Dimitrios. I looked all the code, but still do not know how to integrate it into mymodel.diagram, sorry for the silly question.
Re: How to integrate EGL with diagram [message #674512 is a reply to message #674484] Fri, 27 May 2011 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Paulo,

Is there any specific aspect of the code that you found difficult to understand/integrate?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: How to integrate EGL with diagram [message #674823 is a reply to message #674512] Sat, 28 May 2011 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitrios,
I have to put the two packages (epsilonstandalone and eglstandalone) in mymodel.diagram and in some part of my code call the postprocess method?

Thanks for the support again.

Cheers

Paulo Del Aguila
Re: How to integrate EGL with diagram [message #675239 is a reply to message #674823] Mon, 30 May 2011 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Paulo,

I've added an example of doing this here: https://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.gmt.epsilon/trunk/examples/org.eclipse.epsilon.eugenia.examples.friends.callegl

You'll need to check out all the org.eclipse.epsilon.eugenia.examples.friends.* projects to get this working. For instructions on how to check out code from the Epsilon SVN please refer to http://eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/doc/articles/epsilon-source-svn/

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: How to integrate EGL with diagram [message #683116 is a reply to message #675239] Mon, 13 June 2011 03:09 Go to previous message
Thanks a lot Dimitris. It works well. Surprised

Cheers,
Paulo Del Aguila
Previous Topic:[Flock]
Next Topic:[Eugenia] FixGMFGen and nullpointerexception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:48:21 GMT 2024