Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Visual Editor (VE) » Export a Runnable VE class(please forgive my bad english)
icon5.gif  Export a Runnable VE class [message #674332] Thu, 26 May 2011 14:46 Go to next message
Raiden  is currently offline Raiden Friend
Hello!, i've made some GUI with this awesome plugin on eclipse. I always wondered how should i made my interfaces runnable.

I have a small project. The Main class, it's interface, and the User Interface.

I want the Interface(which is the a visual class) to be the main class, and so i can export a .jar file (with the libraries i need in my project in) and run it everywhere.

I didnt manage to make it. Im still new in java programming. I tried to create a basic test class with the main method, and create an object "userInterface"m and use the initialice method.... getJcontentPane... well nothing i can imagine works.
I really want to export my project with the interface to let my friends use it too!. Please help me! thank you all.

Again, sorry for my bad english
Re: Export a Runnable VE class [message #674841 is a reply to message #674332] Sat, 28 May 2011 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
90+ views and no help Sad

Well if it is so hard to explain, i dont want a very explicit explanation, just give me directions and i'll be fine. If i cant find it here, i dont know where will it be. Thank you anyway
Re: Export a Runnable VE class [message #675889 is a reply to message #674332] Wed, 01 June 2011 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Kerber is currently offline David KerberFriend
[This followup was posted to eclipse.tools.ve and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

In article <irlokc$ptm$1@news.eclipse.org>, forums-noreply@eclipse.org
says...
>
> Hello!, i've made some GUI with this awesome plugin on eclipse. I always wondered how should i made my interfaces runnable.
>
> I have a small project. The Main class, it's interface, and the User Interface.
>
> I want the Interface(which is the a visual class) to be the main class, and so i can export a .jar file (with the libraries i need in my project in) and run it everywhere.
>
> I didnt manage to make it. Im still new in java programming. I tried to create a basic test class with the main method, and create an object "userInterface"m and use the initialice method.... getJcontentPane... well nothing i can imagine works.
> I really want to export my project with the interface to let my friends use it too!. Please help me! thank you all.
>
> Again, sorry for my bad english

I've done this, but it's been so long that I don't remember exactly.
However, I think you just export the project as a runnable .jar file.
Then to run it, just call java with the main class as the parameter.
Re: Export a Runnable VE class [message #676110 is a reply to message #675889] Thu, 02 June 2011 21:10 Go to previous message
thank you Very Happy i'll try your way
Previous Topic:GridBagLayout problems in VE 1.4 in fedora 11 eclipse (3.4.2)
Next Topic:Trouble Installing VE 1.5 on Eclipse 3.6.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:13:10 GMT 2024