Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Strange problem when creating a top node
Strange problem when creating a top node [message #674252] Thu, 26 May 2011 09:58 Go to next message
Thomas Buchmann is currently offline Thomas BuchmannFriend
Hello,

i tried to create a simple class diagram editor. I defined one figure that should be reused by 4 different meta model elements: Class, Interface, Datatype and Enumeration.

It works well for Class, Interface and Datatype. But when i try to create a Enumeration using the Palette, it fails to create a corresponding view for it.

The exception raised is:

Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:failed to create a view
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isNotNull(Assert.java:85)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.commands.CreateCommand.doExecuteWithResult(CreateCommand.java:99)

I have no idea why this happens, as it works well for the other 3 cases.

I attached my GMF Model files. Maybe i'm just too blind to see the error.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: Strange problem when creating a top node [message #674315 is a reply to message #674252] Thu, 26 May 2011 13:45 Go to previous message
Thomas Buchmann is currently offline Thomas BuchmannFriend
I found the problem:

Enumeration is a subclass of DataType in the metamodel. Therefore, the node mapping in my gmfmap is ambigous. I needed a constraint on the nodemapping for DataType to exclude mappings of subclasses.
Previous Topic:How to create nodes programmatically?
Next Topic:Let's solve once for all the Eclipse GMF copy-paste problem and then forget about it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:06:24 GMT 2024