Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Proxy settings for the director
Proxy settings for the director [message #673934] Wed, 25 May 2011 08:25 Go to next message
Eclipse User is currently offline Eclipse UserFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to run the Buckminster director in a setup where the machine Buckminster is installed on is behind an authenticating proxy server.

The command I'm trying to run is:
director.bat -r h*t*t*p://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/headless-3.6/ -d C:\temp\buckminster -p Buckminster -i org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.product

(The -r argument is messed up because the forum won't let me use proper URLs.)

However, the command fails because it can't connect to the host download.eclipse.org.

My question is: Where do I set the proxy host and port the Buckminster director will use, and how do I specify the authentication data (user name / password)?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Re: Proxy settings for the director [message #673936 is a reply to message #673934] Wed, 25 May 2011 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
See my solution posted in an earlier thread: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/168435/657624/#msg_657624 - it's a linux solution, but you should be able to easily adapt it for Windows.
Matthew
(no subject) [message #673938 is a reply to message #673934] Wed, 25 May 2011 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See my solution posted in an earlier thread: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/168435/657624/#msg_657624 - it's a linux solution, but you should be able to easily adapt it for Windows.
Matthew
Re: Proxy settings for the director [message #673947 is a reply to message #673936] Wed, 25 May 2011 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User is currently offline Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Matthew,

Thanks, that didn't turn up in my search before. It also works for me for a non-authenticating server, but I'm still not sure where to put the proxy authentication data. Any hints concerning that?

Thanks,
Chris
Re: Proxy settings for the director [message #674087 is a reply to message #673947] Wed, 25 May 2011 19:40 Go to previous message
Start a standard Eclipse IDE, and enter all proxy configuration data (Windows --> Preferences --> Network, I think). The setup gets stored somewhere like configuration/.settings/org.eclipse.core.net.prefs in your Eclipse installation. Just copy whatever you have there into the director (as per my post above).

Sorry, I'm at home right now and can't check the exact locations, but that should get you started.

Matthew
Previous Topic:NPE
Next Topic:Unauthorized when trying to materialize from URL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:19:46 GMT 2024