Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » not able to checkout project from SVN repository using eclipse(i want to checkout project from springsource community's SVN repository but not able to checkout.)
not able to checkout project from SVN repository using eclipse [message #673923] Wed, 25 May 2011 07:50 Go to next message
prateek sharma is currently offline prateek sharmaFriend
hi all,
i want to checkout a project from springsource community's SVN repository. for this i have downloaded the SVN plugin for eclipse helios and able to get SVN repository view. then i have downloaded SVN connector for eclipse using help --> install new software option.
but when i am checking my SVN option in
window --> preferences --> team --> SVN --> SVN connector
i am not getting any option in the drop down of SVN connector but eclipse says that the connector is already installed when i check already installed option.

when i give the url in the SVN view to create a new repository it throws an error saying that

SVN: '0x00400006: Validate Repository Location' operation finished with error: Selected SVN connector library is not available or cannot be loaded.
If you selected native JavaHL connector, please check if binaries are available or install and select pure Java Subversion connector from the plug-in connectors update site.
If connectors already installed then you can change the selected one at: Window->Preferences->Team->SVN->SVN Connector.

the same question i have posted on coderanch site as well but didn't get any reply so posting it here as well.
please help.

thanks,
pratz.
Re: not able to checkout project from SVN repository using eclipse [message #673948 is a reply to message #673923] Wed, 25 May 2011 09:09 Go to previous message
prateek sharma is currently offline prateek sharmaFriend
hi all,
i got the solution. earlier i was installing the SVN connector without adding any url so no SVN connector was getting installed. now i have used a url htt://community.polarion.com/projects/subversive/download/eclipse/2.0/helios-site/ to install SVN connector and now i am able to connect to the repository.

thanks,
pratz
Previous Topic:Merge question
Next Topic:Install subversive from the command line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:42:29 GMT 2024