Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo OSGI lifecycle with dependencies
Virgo OSGI lifecycle with dependencies [message #673755] Tue, 24 May 2011 16:29 Go to next message
rshelley  is currently offline rshelley Friend
I've been working with the Virgo OSGI container for about two weeks now, and I think I've got a pretty good handle on it. My apps are working properly and things are starting to gel. However, there's one thing that keeps bugging me.

Virgo deletes my bundles on startup if their dependencies cannot be resolved.

My app is made up of several bundles, some of which depend upon others. Let's say BundleA depends on BundleB which depends on BundleC. If I upload BundleC then B then A, everything is happy and it all works great. However, when I restart the server, there's no guarantee that the bundles will be loaded C-B-A (except by using a Plan). Which I get. However, when Virgo starts, if those dependencies aren't available, the bundles are completely removed (with errors in the logs about missing dependencies).

It's my understanding, as per Wikipedia's OSGI page, that the state of the bundle initially is "Installed" then "Resolved" (if the dependencies are available) and so on. So I'm curious why, in my case, BundleA and BundleB are removed from Virgo and not just "Installed" so that I can manually start them in the correct order.
Re: Virgo OSGI lifecycle with dependencies [message #674417 is a reply to message #673755] Thu, 26 May 2011 20:46 Go to previous message
rshelley  is currently offline rshelley Friend
Still don't know about this.. just bumping back up to top of the forum
Previous Topic:war works in Tomcat, fails in Virgo with "packageImports must not contain duplicate items"
Next Topic:Deploying simple HttpServlet to virgo tomcat
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:06:16 GMT 2024