Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse - Green Hills Integration(Plug-in?)
Eclipse - Green Hills Integration [message #673754] Tue, 24 May 2011 16:26 Go to next message
Eclipse User is currently offline Eclipse UserFriend
I'm trying to work get the Green Hills compiler integrated into Eclipse. I heard there was a plug in for this, but I can't seem to find it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Re: Eclipse - Green Hills Integration [message #1162833 is a reply to message #673754] Wed, 30 October 2013 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marie-Anne LM is currently offline Marie-Anne LMFriend
Hi,

I have the same problem. I really like to work with Eclipse and I would like to use it not only as a code editor but also to build my projects and even debug them.
I have to use Green Hills compiler but I don't know how to integrate it to Eclipse.

Has anybody some idea of how to do it?

Thanks
Re: Eclipse - Green Hills Integration [message #1225675 is a reply to message #1162833] Mon, 30 December 2013 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello,
I assume you have to create your buildfiles manually. If youre running eclipse on Windows, you can also use (N)Ant instead of make.
Roland
Re: Eclipse - Green Hills Integration [message #1232319 is a reply to message #1225675] Thu, 16 January 2014 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yevgeny Shifrin is currently offline Yevgeny ShifrinFriend
Hi,

I am also very interested in this feature. Of course I can write a script that parses "gpj" files and get all information to create relevant project(s). But I was hoping that there is an existing solution for it. I would appreciate any comments/suggestions on this topic.

Thanks a lot,
Yevgeny

Re: Eclipse - Green Hills Integration [message #1232351 is a reply to message #1232319] Thu, 16 January 2014 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello Yevgeny,
For which target are you using the GHS Compiler and which version? I think there won't be an easy way to integrate existing gpj files in eclipse (maybe you can call the GHS tools instead oft make).
An alternative would be not using the gpj files and use make or (N)Ant instead.
Regards
Roland
Re: Eclipse - Green Hills Integration [message #1232867 is a reply to message #1232351] Fri, 17 January 2014 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Roland,

Thank you for your reply.

I am already using GHS tools for building from eclipse. But currently my project is not configured correctly and as a result, indexing / code navigation is not as good as it could be. I am planning to parse all relevant gpj files and get a list of source files, include paths and symbols. Once I have this information, I will create one project with all this information. I guess a more accurate solution would be to create project per gpj file, but it seems to me as an overkill. All I want is good indexing, code navigation, etc. What do you think? Do you have other idea? Is there an existing solution like gpj to eclipse converter?

Thanks a lot,
Yevgeny
Re: Eclipse - Green Hills Integration [message #1232869 is a reply to message #1232867] Fri, 17 January 2014 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW: there is GHS eclipse plugin, it is part of GHS installation, but it does not seem to have functionality I am looking for.

Thanks,
Yevgeny
Re: Eclipse - Green Hills Integration [message #1354450 is a reply to message #673754] Wed, 14 May 2014 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Derek Hoyle is currently offline Derek HoyleFriend
Within the Green Hills installation is a folder called "eclipse" (e.g. C:\ghs\comp_201355\eclipse). This contains the plug-in. To install it into Eclipse:

Select Help|Install New Software...

Press "Add..." to add the GHS folder to the list of available software sites.

Choose the "Local" option to point to "C:\ghs\comp_201355\eclipse", or wherever it is on your installation. Name it whatever you like.

Select the site from the "Work with:" drop list and it should reveal "Green Hills MULTI for Eclipse"

Here's the catch - only install the compiler target that you need. It only appears to allow one target at a time. Expand the "Green Hills MULTI for Eclipse" line, and pick the one you need today!

If you need to switch targets, uninstall the plug-in and re-install using the new target.

Apart from the target selection issue, this works great. Note that it does not use GHS projects - it only integrates the GHS compiler into Eclipse projects.
Re: Eclipse - Green Hills Integration [message #1705867 is a reply to message #673754] Wed, 19 August 2015 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elliott Partridge is currently offline Elliott PartridgeFriend
Did anyone write a script for parsing .gpj project files and producing an eclipse project? I could also do this, but I don't want to duplicate effort.

Thanks!
Elliott
Re: Eclipse - Green Hills Integration [message #1719950 is a reply to message #673754] Wed, 13 January 2016 13:30 Go to previous message
Ulrich Mueller is currently offline Ulrich MuellerFriend
I have a Green Hills Software Project (*.gpj) for the MULTI Launcher and want to import it to eclipse. How does it work or where can I find Documentation about these Process?

I have:

1.) GHS Multi Launcher v6.1.4
2.) A Project for the Renesas RH850
3.) Eclipse Version: Kepler Service Release 2 / Build id: 20140224-0627

Thank you in advance, Uli.
Very Happy
Previous Topic:LPC2136
Next Topic:How to edit the ${filecomment} variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:25:36 GMT 2024