Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Helios won't launch following reboot
Helios won't launch following reboot [message #673649] Tue, 24 May 2011 10:46 Go to next message
Chris  is currently offline Chris Friend
Hi,

Apologies if this isn't the right place for posting problems, but I couldn't find anywhere else.

My CentOS 5.6 desktop crashed and rebooted last night and this morning I've been unable to launch eclipse. Whenever I try, I see the splash screen, but then nothing. Attached is the .log file from my workspace.

It will launch if I specify a different workspace with -data switch, but I need to get back to my usual workspace.

I've been using eclipse for 3-4 years and have had crashes before, but never before have I not been able to recover from them. Please can anyone help me get my workspace working again?
Many thanks,

Chris
  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 30.14KB, Downloaded 252 times)
Re: Helios won't launch following reboot [message #673707 is a reply to message #673649] Tue, 24 May 2011 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Looks like the .snap file problem. You can google for "dtree.ObjectNotFoundException" if you want more info, but I would start up eclipse with another workspace: eclipse -data /path/to/new/workspace

Then you can use File>Import...>Existing Projects Into Workspace and import the projects from your old workspace. You might have to re-connect them to your SCM.

PW

Re: Helios won't launch following reboot [message #673752 is a reply to message #673707] Tue, 24 May 2011 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. I did a google and found that deleting .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.snap got eclipse running again, but none of my projects are there Sad

Looks like I'll have to re-import my projects. What a pain...!

Come to think of it, this is the second time I've had to do this in Helios. I've never had such problems in earlier releases. Is this a bug?
(no subject) [message #673757 is a reply to message #673707] Tue, 24 May 2011 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris is currently offline ChrisFriend
Thanks. I did a google and found that deleting .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.snap got eclipse running again, but none of my projects are there :(

Looks like I'll have to re-import my projects. What a pain...!

Come to think of it, this is the second time I've had to do this in Helios. I've never had such problems in earlier releases. Is this a bug?
Re: (no subject) [message #673760 is a reply to message #673757] Tue, 24 May 2011 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Yes, there's an open bug on this. They might have a fix (to at least the most common cause of it) in 3.7 (Indigo) due out end of June 2011

PW

Re: (no subject) [message #674018 is a reply to message #673760] Wed, 25 May 2011 14:24 Go to previous message
Thanks. Let's hope so...
Previous Topic:Core expressions framework behaviour
Next Topic:How to make sure that all workspace projects are loaded by workspacejob asynchronously
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:13:20 GMT 2024