Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Functional IDs and other customisations
Functional IDs and other customisations [message #673588] Tue, 24 May 2011 08:08 Go to next message
Vlad Gheorghe is currently offline Vlad GheorgheFriend
Hello Everyone,

I try to use EMF Compare on instances of a specific ecore meta-model.

The results with the out-of-the-box configuration are very poor.
(e.g. some changed elements are reported as "removed" and "added")

Can anyone provide some hints on how to improve EMF Compare results on custom ecore meta-models ?

How can one specify the "functional ID" in the meta-model ?
( I could not find anything but the "Ignore functional ID for model comparison" checkbox on the EMF Compare preferences )

Additional question: How can one instruct EMF Compare which is the "Left" and "Right" file in model comparison started by "Compare With > Each Other" ?

Greets,
Vlad

Re: Functional IDs and other customisations [message #673617 is a reply to message #673588] Tue, 24 May 2011 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vlad Gheorghe is currently offline Vlad GheorgheFriend
Vlad Gheorghe wrote on Tue, 24 May 2011 11:08

Can anyone provide some hints on how to improve EMF Compare results on custom ecore meta-models ?

To sort of answer my own question, the EMF Compare documentation is available at:
help.eclipse.org > "EMF Compare Guide"

Vlad Gheorghe wrote on Tue, 24 May 2011 11:08

How can one specify the "functional ID" in the meta-model ?

"OPTION_IGNORE_ID If set to true, the engine will ignore the Ecore ID's and will consider the elements data to match them"

So it seems this "Functional ID" refers to EAttributes having the property "ID=true".

An additional issue: I do not see "EMF Compare Guide" in my Eclipse installation, even if I have installed the EMF Compare SDK 1.1.2.
Re: Functional IDs and other customisations [message #696227 is a reply to message #673617] Wed, 13 July 2011 14:27 Go to previous message
Cedric Brun is currently offline Cedric BrunFriend
You're right, you can use the ID=true on an EAttribute and EMF compare will use it.

If it's not enough, you can define your own matching logic defining a new MatchEngine (see the included documentation in the Eclipse Help content)

We're working on providing a new API for the next version to customize the match more easily and more efficiently.

http://cedric.brun.io news and articles on eclipse and eclipse modeling.
Previous Topic:[EMF Compare] Custom ContentProvider and LabelProvider + TransactionalEditingDomain
Next Topic:Registering compare
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:35:10 GMT 2024