Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Perspective is still visible even after uninstalling eclipse plugin
Perspective is still visible even after uninstalling eclipse plugin [message #673560] Tue, 24 May 2011 06:16 Go to next message
chavi   is currently offline chavi Friend
I have created a perspective named as "My Perspective" as a eclipse plugin.It shows properly but when i uninstall the plugin, this perspective still exist.How can i solve it programmaticly?
Re: Perspective is still visible even after uninstalling eclipse plugin [message #673698 is a reply to message #673560] Tue, 24 May 2011 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

How are you uninstalling the perspective? Are you in an RCP app, or the Eclipse IDE?

We leave the perspective information in a workbench because a common scenario is:

1) have the addition open
2) download a new SDK and start up (addition not available)
3) install the addition again
4) the addition now opens correctly

In an RCP app, you can deliberately close the perspective if you know it is going away in org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.preShutdown()

PW

Re: Perspective is still visible even after uninstalling eclipse plugin [message #673885 is a reply to message #673698] Wed, 25 May 2011 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am using eclipse IDE & Uninstalling plugin through available software,uninstall option.I want to remove it from IDE when i uninstall my Plugin.
Re: Perspective is still visible even after uninstalling eclipse plugin [message #673975 is a reply to message #673885] Wed, 25 May 2011 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You'll have to somehow figure out you've uninstalled your plugin, and then you can try org.eclipse.ui.IWorkbenchListener.preShutdown(IWorkbench, boolean)

PW

Re: Perspective is still visible even after uninstalling eclipse plugin [message #674288 is a reply to message #673975] Thu, 26 May 2011 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you please explain me that how can i figure out that my plugin is uninstalled programmaticly.I am thinking to place this line in that.I tried it lot but could not find the way.Please let me know this approach is right or should i go through other approach.I am uninstalling the plugin through Eclipse IDE.
Re: Perspective is still visible even after uninstalling eclipse plugin [message #674305 is a reply to message #674288] Thu, 26 May 2011 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If you are in an RCP app, it makes sense to clean up. In an RCP app you are providing the user with install/uninstall capabilities, and so can determine when to remove your plugin and clean up.

If you are in the Eclipse IDE, though, the policy is to leave the <<Perspective>> up and let the user clean it up if they don't expect to re-install some version of your plugin at a later date. Long and the short, since removing your plugin removes your code, you can't clean up on the next session restart when your plugin is no longer there.

PW

Re: Perspective is still visible even after uninstalling eclipse plugin [message #674475 is a reply to message #674305] Fri, 27 May 2011 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for Reply.
But if i consider it and again install my plugin after uninstalling it shows me two Perspective.

1.icon<MyPerspective>
2.Myperspective

I am mugging up to solve this issue but not able to find out.
Re: Perspective is still visible even after uninstalling eclipse plugin [message #674563 is a reply to message #674475] Fri, 27 May 2011 11:20 Go to previous message

Yeah, that's a bug. See bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=217974 and bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=294815

Previous Topic:How to add a progress bar as a component in a view
Next Topic:How to update plugin versions?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:52:02 GMT 2024