Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Get bindings without parsing
Get bindings without parsing [message #673445] Mon, 23 May 2011 16:43 Go to next message
Aivar Annamaa is currently offline Aivar AnnamaaFriend
Hi

All articles I've found about JDT bindings deal with parsing.
Is it possible to get ITypeBinding-s or IMethodBindings from Java Model (ITypeHierarchy, IType, IMethod)?

I want to construct a graph showing how different types (available both in source and libraries) are related (the graph could tell the user eg. that you can move from ICompilationUnit to java.io.File using "cUnit.getUnderlyingResource().toFile()"). I could also answer current question using that graph Smile

I need bindings to resolve "simple" type names (eg. IMethod.getParameterTypes may give unqualified type names) and also for determining whether a method is declared in that type or just overridden.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Get bindings without parsing [message #673549 is a reply to message #673445] Tue, 24 May 2011 05:08 Go to previous message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
You can get the bindings by calling ASTParser.createBindings(). This will also parse the file, but there is no way just using the models.
Previous Topic:An internal error occurred during: "Processing JSP changes since last activation"
Next Topic:Eclipse API comparison tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:14:58 GMT 2024