Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Invalid registry object in "org.eclipse.ui.workbench", Gemini JPA/DBAccess
Invalid registry object in "org.eclipse.ui.workbench", Gemini JPA/DBAccess [message #673191] Sun, 22 May 2011 19:24 Go to next message
Nepomuk Seiler is currently offline Nepomuk SeilerFriend
Hi,

I have a product using:

* Eclipse 3.6.2
* EclipseLink 2.2.0
* Gemini JPA
* Gemini DBAccess
* Apache Derby 10.5.1

My eclipse.simpleconfigurgator configuration contains the following configuration:

* gemini.jpa/dbaccess, autostart=true, level=5
* <all my UI-bundles>, autostart=false, level=6
defaultlevel = 4

When I'm deploying my product I can start my application and everything works. If I close
and start my application again, it fails with this exception:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 4 2 2011-05-22 21:14:50.727
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.ui.workbench".
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.InvalidRegistryObjectException: Invalid registry object
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.RegistryObjectManager.basicGetObject(RegistryObjectManager.java:272)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.RegistryObjectManager.getObject(RegistryObjectManager.java:262)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.getConfigurationElement(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:26)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.getChildren(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:46)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.menus.MenuAdditionCacheEntry.createContributionItems(MenuAdditionCacheEntry.java:157)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.menus.WorkbenchMenuService$5.run(WorkbenchMenuService.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.menus.WorkbenchMenuService.processAdditions(WorkbenchMenuService.java:656)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.menus.WorkbenchMenuService.addContributionsToManager(WorkbenchMenuService.java:744)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.menus.WorkbenchMenuService.populateContributionManager(WorkbenchMenuService.java:730)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.menus.SlaveMenuService.populateContributionManager(SlaveMenuService.java:76)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.fillActionBars(WorkbenchWindow.java:3538)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.<init>(WorkbenchWindow.java:414)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.tweaklets.Workbench3xImplementation.createWorkbenchWindow(Workbench3xImplementation.java:31)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.newWorkbenchWindow(Workbench.java:1881)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$14(Workbench.java:1879)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$21.runWithException(Workbench.java:1199)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4041)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3660)
	at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:803)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$31.runWithException(Workbench.java:1567)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:179)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4584)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading.runWithoutExceptions(StartupThreading.java:94)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1562)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2567)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at de.lmu.ifi.dbs.medmon.medic.rcp.Application.start(Application.java:20)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)

When I delete all the new created folders in ./configuration and ./workspace or slip in a "-clean"
to the Program Arguments the applications starts again fine.
Re: Invalid registry object in "org.eclipse.ui.workbench", Gemini JPA/DBAccess [message #673762 is a reply to message #673191] Tue, 24 May 2011 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Keith is currently offline Michael KeithFriend
You might want to look a little more closely at your UI bundles that get plugged into the Workbench. None of the Gemini bundles interact with the Workbench at all.

Good luck,
-Mike
Re: Invalid registry object in "org.eclipse.ui.workbench", Gemini JPA/DBAccess [message #673916 is a reply to message #673191] Wed, 25 May 2011 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nepomuk Seiler is currently offline Nepomuk SeilerFriend
Quote:
You might want to look a little more closely at your UI bundles that get plugged into the Workbench. None of the Gemini bundles interact with the Workbench at all.

I actually did that. However when I stop autostarting the Gemini Bundles, there's no problem. With Gemini JPA R3 I faced more problems with the Eclipse RCP UI, because Gemini JPA restarts bundles. These problems got fixed with M1, however the invalid-registry objects occure.

However, a "-clean" command fix this problem for me.
Re: Invalid registry object in "org.eclipse.ui.workbench", Gemini JPA/DBAccess [message #1038003 is a reply to message #673916] Wed, 10 April 2013 09:19 Go to previous message
Kees Pieters is currently offline Kees PietersFriend
I had the same problem. Running the clean command eventually worked, after all runtime exceptions were fixed that were related to wrong JPA mapping issues.
Previous Topic:[Solved]Handling subclasses of Entities (Cross Bundle Workaround)
Next Topic:"Sometimes", Gemini misses some service creation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:40:47 GMT 2024