Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Java EE with PHP
Java EE with PHP [message #672435] Sat, 21 May 2011 02:20 Go to next message
freetochoose is currently offline freetochooseFriend
Hi:

I am new to Eclipse. I want to have all of the java (provided by Java EE) and php into one eclipse installation. But here I see only two separate bundles. I understand I can probably just unzip the two bundles and try to merge the files into one bundle myself. But that seems to be a lot of unnecessary work. Is there a way to just download the PDT as a plug-in and then unzip it into the installed Java EE directory?

Thanks in advance.

ftc
Re: Java EE with PHP [message #672592 is a reply to message #672435] Sun, 22 May 2011 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Help > Install New Software > select "Helios" in "Work with" combo-box > check "PHP Development Tools" > go Next
(see also http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDT/Installation )
Re: Java EE with PHP [message #673162 is a reply to message #672592] Sun, 22 May 2011 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
freetochoose is currently offline freetochooseFriend
thanks a lot Toshihiro Izumi.
by the way, is there a zip file i can download and unzip into my eclipse directory?
i am new to eclipse, so often i mess up my eclipse and need a fresh new installation
and if i have a zip file of pdt, it would be just a lot easier for me.

ftc
Re: Java EE with PHP [message #673250 is a reply to message #673162] Mon, 23 May 2011 02:32 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Unfortunately, there is no downloadable zip file.
It is available at http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/downloads/ usually, however, that page had been abandoned. No new/latest files there...

(You're able to backup all features/plugins of PDT(org.eclipse.php.*) and DLTK(org.eclipse.dltk.*) and H2(org.h2_*), I'm not sure they're enough though)
Previous Topic:Eclipse not using breakpoints.
Next Topic:Insert tab character
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:15:00 GMT 2024