Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Getting started building WindowBuilder with Buckminster(Looking for advice on getting started building the WindowBuilder Project under Buckminster)
Getting started building WindowBuilder with Buckminster [message #672027] Thu, 19 May 2011 15:40 Go to next message
Mark Russell is currently offline Mark RussellFriend
I'm the Release engineer for the Eclipse Window Builder project. http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=tools.windowbuilder. Currently we are building our code with our own build servers. I would like to move the build to the Eclipse Hudson server.

We currently use our own custom written build system to build the code. I would like to move to a more standard build for the project.

Window builder consists of 11 separate features and in our build system we build each feature in a separate step and the collect the features to create a "product".

I have read the bucky book and am ready to start to move the code to the Eclipse Hudson server. I'm looking for advice from the Buckminster community and projects that have been through this before to help me start this.

thanks for your help
Mark Russell
Release Engineer
Google

Mark Russell
Software Engineer in Test
Google, Inc
Re: Getting started building WindowBuilder with Buckminster [message #684477 is a reply to message #672027] Wed, 15 June 2011 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone tell me which projects are using Buckminster to build their code?

Mark Russell
Google, Inc
Re: Getting started building WindowBuilder with Buckminster [message #684540 is a reply to message #684477] Wed, 15 June 2011 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
I know EMF Teneo uses Buckminster.

Have you started with your build components already: cquery, rmap or I you looking for advise on setting up initial build?

I think moving build to Hudson should be your last step as preparing everything and running build locally can be done from IDE, unless you have everything already and just want to setup Hudson job to build your product.

Regards,
Alex

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2011 19:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Getting started building WindowBuilder with Buckminster [message #684570 is a reply to message #684477] Wed, 15 June 2011 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Mark,

Sorry for late reply. I must have missed your previous post. Sorry about that.

There are several projects that use Buckminster. A majority of the modeling projects, ECF, b3, Buckminster (of course)
and others.

I think the setup that you describe sounds fairly standard and should work out of the box with Buckminster.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

On 2011-06-15 18:18, Mark R Russell wrote:
> Can anyone tell me which projects are using Buckminster to build their code?
Re: Getting started building WindowBuilder with Buckminster [message #684598 is a reply to message #684570] Wed, 15 June 2011 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the replies. It looks like I'm going to have some free time to get this started next week. I'll get everything working in the IDE first then look at moving to Hudson.

Mark Russell
Google, Inc
Re: Getting started building WindowBuilder with Buckminster [message #1152890 is a reply to message #684598] Thu, 24 October 2013 08:31 Go to previous message
Wang Chaos is currently offline Wang ChaosFriend
Hi Mark,

Hava this moving done already? Where can I find build steps or logs?

Regards,
Wang
Previous Topic:p2 site generation and required bundle versions
Next Topic:Strategy for locale fragments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:09:02 GMT 2024