Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to add a progress bar as a component in a view
How to add a progress bar as a component in a view [message #671956] Thu, 19 May 2011 12:58 Go to next message
raghav Mising name is currently offline raghav Mising nameFriend

hello,

i am new to eclipse rcp
I could declare a progress bar and add it to my view but i want to perform a task at background
can i know how to add a progress bar and set timer so that i could run a process at background of my application.

problem: progress bar implementation

Kind Regards,
raghav
Re: How to add a progress bar as a component in a view [message #671977 is a reply to message #671956] Thu, 19 May 2011 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

In RCP you can use Jobs and the ProgressView and/or a ProgressMonitorDialog to run background tasks. But if you want to embed a progress bar, have a look at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.ProgressMonitorPart.

PW

Re: How to add a progress bar as a component in a view [message #673996 is a reply to message #671977] Wed, 25 May 2011 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hi

kindly can someone provide a snippet or a pseudo-code of adding a progress bar.upon button click i wish to show progress in a view and perform background operation.

Re: How to add a progress bar as a component in a view [message #674300 is a reply to message #673996] Thu, 26 May 2011 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

We pointed you to code. What did you try? Did it work? What environment are you trying to host the progress bar in?

See http://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_How_do_I_find_a_particular_class_from_an_Eclipse_plug-in%3F to make sure you can see all the source code, and check for uses of that class.

PW

Re: How to add a progress bar as a component in a view [message #674556 is a reply to message #674300] Fri, 27 May 2011 10:59 Go to previous message

i resolved the problem i used a normal progress bar of org.eclipse.swt.widgets

thanks a lot
Previous Topic:how to open a new view and close existing view
Next Topic:Perspective is still visible even after uninstalling eclipse plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:24:48 GMT 2024