Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Indigo update sites and dependencies
Indigo update sites and dependencies [message #670907] Mon, 16 May 2011 07:01 Go to next message
Erik Vanherck is currently offline Erik VanherckFriend
Is the indigo update site already being maintained ? There seem to be several issues with it in regards with the eclipse platform packages.

For one the build of the Eclipse SDK feature is 3.7.0.I20110428-0848 instead of the build number of the RC1 release.

Additionally if you depend on that one in a target definition or using the p2.mirror ant tasks it will try and pull in literally everything (for instance also all of CDT and WST)

It seems to be only the packages from the Eclipse platform project that have these issues. Packages such as GEF and XML tools seem fine at first sight.

On another note, it's a shame that you have to go manually digging for features now such as GEF runtime only because the categories are too end user oriented. RCP developers like update sites too Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Indigo update sites and dependencies [message #671005 is a reply to message #670907] Mon, 16 May 2011 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Erik Vanherck wrote on Mon, 16 May 2011 03:01
Is the indigo update site already being maintained ? There seem to be several issues with it in regards with the eclipse platform packages.

For one the build of the Eclipse SDK feature is 3.7.0.I20110428-0848 instead of the build number of the RC1 release.

Additionally if you depend on that one in a target definition or using the p2.mirror ant tasks it will try and pull in literally everything (for instance also all of CDT and WST)

I would imagine it has to do with release schedules. Eclipse SDK (platform, JDT, PDE) have released their RC1 this past Friday. But Indigo won't go to RC1 for another day or 2.

AFAIK .../releases/indigo contains the M7 platform IU information, until Indigo declares RC1. The 3.7 RC1 repo with the correct versions is at http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.7milestones

PW

Re: Indigo update sites and dependencies [message #671259 is a reply to message #671005] Tue, 17 May 2011 10:06 Go to previous message
Erik Vanherck is currently offline Erik VanherckFriend
Thanks Paul, you're right. I forgot completely that the SDK releases a bit earlier than the entire indigo train.

I attributed some the issues I was having to a problem with the repositories being out of sync, but that wasn't the case.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Preference page
Next Topic:associate a file type with perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:51:56 GMT 2024