Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » IAM (Eclipse Integration for Apache Maven) » problem restructuring directories for maven(when attempting to restructure the directories for maven, eclipse is pushing all the directories into 'java resources: src')
problem restructuring directories for maven [message #670272] Fri, 13 May 2011 10:30
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Greetings!

I'm attempting to take an existing Web project in Eclipse and modify it so I can use Maven to build it. Something like this tutorial specifies:

google this: how-to-convert-java-web-project-to-maven-project

(sorry the forum won't let me post a link)

In step 1 of the tutorial is where I hit problems; From windows explorer I've modified the directory structure as they suggest, then went into Eclipse and refreshed Eclipse's synchronization with the file system. Eclipse then starts doing weird things like creating packages named 'main.java.org.tomatoes' underneath 'Java Resourses: src' and of course now Eclipse is complaining in all the classes, because I have package declarations like:

'org.tomatoes...'

...but Eclipse put them into main.java.org.tomatoes

So my questions are, why is Eclipse creating these incorrect packages and moving my folders there? and
What can I do to get the new directory structure to work correctly in Eclipse, specifically the correct packages showing up?

It seems to me that Eclipse is trying to do some 'smart' adjustments for me, and I don't quite know how to get it to play right!

Any help appreciated.

I should also mention that I've tried modifying the directory structure from within Eclipse as well and that also just got screwed up in a similar fashion.

Previous Topic:Problem with maven build for SWTBot Tests
Next Topic:Eclipse project dependencies not updated
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:58:02 GMT 2024