Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » unchecked exceptions in console(unchecked exceptions in console)
unchecked exceptions in console [message #670098] Thu, 12 May 2011 16:26 Go to next message
arez  is currently offline arez Friend
I am using Virgo 2.1.1 along with eclipse (running the server within the Eclipse IDE). I just migrated an application to Virgo and everything seems to work smoothly Very Happy

The problem that I have is that I cannot see unchecked exceptions on the server console so I have to debug and see what happened exactly.

Let's say I have process doing some arbitrary thing and gets a NullPointerExcetpion and I want to see the stack trace on the console (dev mode). Is there a way to instruct Virgo to show stack trace of an unchecked exceptions in the console or am I missing something?

Re: unchecked exceptions in console [message #670123 is a reply to message #670098] Thu, 12 May 2011 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
Hi,

I think this will be helpful
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/662390/#msg_662390

Regards
Violeta
Re: unchecked exceptions in console [message #670275 is a reply to message #670123] Fri, 13 May 2011 10:41 Go to previous message
arez  is currently offline arez Friend
Great stuff thanks. Works fine for now. Now I need to find a way to seperate the Virgo log from my application log. I guess the best way is to to create a logger and use the getLogger("myLogger") approach. Some suggested the LoggerService but it looks a little painful.
Previous Topic:Bundles in Virgo, Bundles in Eclipse RCP
Next Topic:NoClassDefFoundError: javax.ws.rs.core.MediaType
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:30:29 GMT 2024