Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Running RAP on Virgo
Running RAP on Virgo [message #670024] Thu, 12 May 2011 12:58 Go to next message
Lilith Ortega is currently offline Lilith OrtegaFriend
Hello everyone,

I followed the instructions on eclipsesource.com/blogs/2010/10/28/running-rap-on-virgo. So far, the demo is running fine. I'm using RAP 1.3 and virgo-jetty-server-3.0.0.M04. Next, I would like to deploy additional RAP applications on virgo. These applications are to be deployed independently.
If I've understood the concept correctly, I have to set scope=true in the rap-demo.plan and all other rap plans. But if I do this so I get the following error:

Caused by: org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.ImportMergeException: cannot merge imports of package 'org.eclipse.ui.internal' from sources 'Import-Bundle virgo-rap-demo-1.3.1-org.eclipse.rap.ui.workbench' version '1.3.2.20110216-1023', Import-Bundle 'virgo-rap-demo-1.3.1-org.eclipse.rap.ui' version '1.3.2.20110216-1023''  because of conflicting values 'virgo-rap-demo-1.3.1-org.eclipse.rap.ui', 'virgo-rap-demo-1.3.1-org.eclipse.rap.ui.workbench' of attribute 'bundle-symbolic-name'

Is my approach correct or what is best practice in deploying several rap-applications on virgo? How does it come to the conflict and how can I solve it.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Regards,
Lilith
Re: Running RAP on Virgo [message #794422 is a reply to message #670024] Thu, 09 February 2012 09:11 Go to previous message
Florian Waibel is currently offline Florian WaibelFriend
Hi,

when deploying several RAP applications into a single Virgo instance you could remove the RAP dependencies from the plan and extend Virgo to support the RAP widget toolkit.

For more information please have a look at:
http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2011/08/10/how-to-extend-the-virgo-jetty-server-to-support-the-rap-widget-toolkit/

Regards,
Florian
Previous Topic:Latest IDE snapshot build?
Next Topic:First Virgo SNAP with JSF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:52:36 GMT 2024