Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » is there an easy way to rebuild the source from EDT model
is there an easy way to rebuild the source from EDT model [message #669309] Mon, 09 May 2011 20:50 Go to next message
Aaron Allsbrook is currently offline Aaron AllsbrookFriend
I would like to build back the original source code statement from the EDT model. I have looked at the reverse generation sample and on the surface it looks a bit complex for my needs.

Is there a simple way to turn

myInt int=0;

into EDT objects
and back into a string that looks like

myInt int=0;

without going through the process of implementing all the generators. I am currently getting lost in getting all LHS and RHS pieces that are involved in understanding fields and declarations.
Re: is there an easy way to rebuild the source from EDT model [message #669561 is a reply to message #669309] Tue, 10 May 2011 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Harmon is currently offline Paul HarmonFriend
Unfortunatly, I think the answer to your question is NO. You would need to set up visitors for the various elements that you are interested in, and you will need to understand how these pieces go together. A good way to understand what types of elements are involved is to look at the .eglxml file produced from your source. This will should give you a feel for what the classes are that make up the part. Start small with a library with a single field declaration and build from there.
Re: is there an easy way to rebuild the source from EDT model [message #670384 is a reply to message #669561] Fri, 13 May 2011 18:41 Go to previous message
Aaron Allsbrook is currently offline Aaron AllsbrookFriend
Thanks Paul,

I'm wondering, does a requirement to be able to ask an EMF object for its "source block" or something along those lines make any sense to others?

Aaron
Previous Topic:problem compiling handlers and widgets
Next Topic:WHY "The type SQLRecord cannot be resolved" ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:12:44 GMT 2024