Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Composite diagramas and port connections(how to connect classes throught ports)
Composite diagramas and port connections [message #668563] Fri, 06 May 2011 08:56 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi everyone!

I have been using papyrus since the version 1.12 for eclipse Galileo and now I am using the new one for eclipse helios(0.7.3.v201104270854 version). I want to connect two ports (owned by two classes) throught a "connector" UML link in a composite structure diagram, but the editor of new version doesn't allow doing that, while the old version do. Is any way to do that with the new version?

Thanks!
Re: Composite diagramas and port connections [message #672342 is a reply to message #668563] Fri, 20 May 2011 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
The connector is created in the context of classifier? Maybe it was a bug of papyrus 1.12
Patrick
Papyrus team
Re: Composite diagramas and port connections [message #672392 is a reply to message #672342] Fri, 20 May 2011 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sébastien Gérard is currently offline Sébastien GérardFriend
A connector has to be owned by a classifier. So first in a composite diagram, create a class and add two parts to this class. The parts needs to be typed in order then to add ports to these latter. Then you can add connector between the ports of the parts you have created.
Re: Composite diagramas and port connections [message #676429 is a reply to message #668563] Sat, 04 June 2011 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I add a class, and two parts to this class (two more classes). Then I add ports to the new classes and I try to connect them, but it semms not to work. The only way I have found to connect two parts inside a class through a composite diagrama is connecting properties instead of classes.

Is this a papyrus bug or what I am trying to do it's not allowed by UML sintax?

Natalia
Re: Composite diagramas and port connections [message #754432 is a reply to message #676429] Wed, 02 November 2011 14:13 Go to previous message
Patrik N is currently offline Patrik NFriend
I'm trying to do the same thing as Natalia but I'm not able either.

I'm using Papyrus 0.8.1.v201109161105 on Vista 32bit

No real name wrote on Sat, 04 June 2011 07:06
I add a class, and two parts to this class (two more classes). Then I add ports to the new classes and I try to connect them, but it semms not to work. The only way I have found to connect two parts inside a class through a composite diagrama is connecting properties instead of classes.

Is this a papyrus bug or what I am trying to do it's not allowed by UML sintax?

Natalia

Previous Topic:Sequence diagram: upward messages
Next Topic:Updating the diagram files (.di) after changing the UML
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:40:35 GMT 2024