Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » How is Sapphire handled in production builds?
How is Sapphire handled in production builds? [message #668291] Wed, 04 May 2011 21:13 Go to next message
Brian Fitzpatrick is currently offline Brian FitzpatrickFriend
Hey Konstantin,

Max has raised an interesting question about how Sapphire works into a larger integrated build environment such as we have at JBoss. Currently I've checked in my .apt_generated folder into SVN, which will obviously change each time Sapphire rebuilds.

How do you handle it at Oracle? Do you somehow hook the Sapphire code generation into the build process and generate it at build time? Or do you check in the generated code?

Just curious at this point as we investigate how to use it more here...

Thanks!
--Fitz
Re: How is Sapphire handled in production builds? [message #668306 is a reply to message #668291] Thu, 05 May 2011 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
You don't want to put .apt_generated into source control repo.

See customBuildCallbacks.xml in the samples project for how to build Sapphire code in production. See sapphire.classpath in the script. The build just needs to be able to find Sapphire bundles of correct version somewhere on the system. Typically, I would look in the target platform that your build is compiling against.

- Konstantin
Re: How is Sapphire handled in production builds? [message #668307 is a reply to message #668306] Thu, 05 May 2011 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg Amerson is currently offline Greg AmersonFriend
Any idea if the customBuildCallbacks.xml will get called from a tycho build? or does that only work with PDE build?
Re: How is Sapphire handled in production builds? [message #668312 is a reply to message #668307] Thu, 05 May 2011 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Not sure if Tycho stuck to that system or not. If not, there is bound to be a way to extend project build. It is too common of a scenario for it to not be supported. The contents of the target in customBuildCallbacks.xml are not specific to PDE Build.

- Konstantin
Re: How is Sapphire handled in production builds? [message #668751 is a reply to message #668312] Sat, 07 May 2011 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am going to be moving my eclipse plugins to tycho later this month. At that time I'll try to get the sapphire builds working even if I need to modify tycho since as you mentioned it should support the concept of local custom compile tasks.
Re: How is Sapphire handled in production builds? [message #668752 is a reply to message #668312] Sat, 07 May 2011 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going to be moving my eclipse plugins to tycho later this month so at that time I'll try to research the custom callback support. If it doesn't have support for that, I agree that type of facility should be added.
Re: How is Sapphire handled in production builds? [message #677122 is a reply to message #668752] Tue, 07 June 2011 16:06 Go to previous message
Just for closure I have added a wiki page that describes how to add support for the customBuildCallbacks.xml in a maven/tycho build.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Sapphire_Modeling_Tycho_build_support
Previous Topic:Custom Pages and on Change event
Next Topic:Announcing Sapphire 0.3 Release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:55:42 GMT 2024