Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Profile modification for a Class Diagram
icon9.gif  Profile modification for a Class Diagram [message #667799] Mon, 02 May 2011 09:46 Go to next message
Valerian Merkling is currently offline Valerian MerklingFriend
Hi everyone !

I got a really annoying problem with Papyrus :

I've got a little profile with a few stereotype defined, and i'm using this profile on a class diagram.

Now i've think about some modification i need on this profile, and a new stereotype, but i can't find a way to apply this new profile on my class diagram correctly.
It seems that de class diagram is strongly linked to the profile, and if i update the profile and reapply it, then save de diagram, the diagram will save the old profile, and remove the update.

My only solution is to delete my class diagram and make a new one from zero...

Is there a way to avoid this ?

Thanks !
Re: Profile modification for a Class Diagram [message #667886 is a reply to message #667799] Mon, 02 May 2011 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Neustupny is currently offline Thomas NeustupnyFriend
Have you re-defined the profile after modifying it?

I've experimented with the underlying eclipse UML2/EMF framework doing exaclty what you describe. I used another modeller, but since Papyrus uses eclipse UML2 as well, most of the results probably similarly apply to Papyrus, at least they give insight on what's going on:
http://argouml.tigris.org/wiki/UML2%2C_Profiles_and_XMI
Re: Profile modification for a Class Diagram [message #668216 is a reply to message #667799] Wed, 04 May 2011 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miriam  is currently offline Miriam Friend
Hi,
To solve a similar problem for a sequence diagram (it must be the same thing for a class diagram) I save and close the diagram, then open the profile, modify it and save it then close it. back to the sequence diagram, I select the profile, delete it then apply it again, a quick tour on the stereotyped elements to re-apply the corresponding stereotypes, and it works for me.
I hope that would help, although it's not a very clean way to do it I think.

Miriam
Re: Profile modification for a Class Diagram [message #668386 is a reply to message #667799] Thu, 05 May 2011 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your link Thomas, it really helped me to untedstand how it work, and yes i always re-define my profile.

My first problem was that i tought that the DELETE button was here to erase item from my profile or my model, but it only hide them...

Now my profile and my model are both clean, i can improve my profile redefine and reapply it without problem, my model is able to use the new stereotype.

Everythings is fine for me now, thanks to both of you for your help !
Re: Profile modification for a Class Diagram [message #672488 is a reply to message #668386] Sat, 21 May 2011 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sébastien Gérard is currently offline Sébastien GérardFriend
Hi,

Class diagram is not linked to the profile diagram. First of all, I assume you have two files (indeed two set of three files), respectivey:
1 (YourProfile.profile.uml, YourProfile.profile.notation, YourProfile.profile.di) and (YourModelExample.uml, YourModelExample.notation and YourModelExample.di). L'et's call those sets for short: YourProfile.profile.di and YourModelExample.di.
If you are making a modif on YourProfile.profile.di you need to redefine it. When you have done your modification, and when saving them, Papyrus will ask you if you want to redefine your profile. You have to do it. By the way, you should have close previously YourExampleModel.di. Then after having redefining the profile, you can open again your model, YourModelExample.di and then if you select the root model of your model in the model browser and have a look on the tab Profile in the property view, then you will see that your profil has been modified and need to be re apply. So, you can re apply and then it should work.

Best... Sébastien.
Re: Profile modification for a Class Diagram [message #673332 is a reply to message #672488] Mon, 23 May 2011 09:32 Go to previous message
Ok, i made a few test, and you're right, all the problem i had came from the model diagram still opened during the profil modification.

Thanks a lot !
Previous Topic:Can't see a menu in outline navigator
Next Topic:MARTE NFP Types and static profile generation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:48:31 GMT 2024