Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How to colour a method in an selfmade JavaTextEditor
How to colour a method in an selfmade JavaTextEditor [message #667638] Sat, 30 April 2011 08:38 Go to next message
Eclipse User is currently offline Eclipse UserFriend

Dear all,

as I have mentioned in my forum post http:// www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=666030&S =830053b834afe7c5e62cf343476340b6#msg_666030 I´m creating an Java TextEditor.

Because I haven't received any answers about how to lock lines, I decided to colour the lines if a method is marked with @Generated within the JavaDoc.

Up to now I'm able to colour the line with the keyword but my wish is, to colour the whole method under the keyword.

At the moment I work with a scanner, that divided the document in different parts.
The main class (SimpleEditor) extends TextEditor (org.eclipse.ui.editors.text.TextEditor) and my Scanner (GenPartitionScanner) extends RuleBasedPartitionScanner (org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException).

So my two questions are:
- is it possible to create a TextEditor, that can be combined with JDTs functionality, i.e., the AST?
- is it possible to colour a method in a simple manner (identify the start an end of a method)?

I'm glad about every input of you.

with kind regards

Fabian
Re: How to colour a method in an selfmade JavaTextEditor [message #668670 is a reply to message #667638] Fri, 06 May 2011 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Can´t anybody help me?
Or is something incoherent?

With kind regards

Fabian
Re: How to colour a method in an selfmade JavaTextEditor [message #672195 is a reply to message #667638] Fri, 20 May 2011 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Dear all,

could somebody give me a hint, where i could finde someone, who know something about my problem?
That would be a great help.

With kind regards

Fabian
Re: How to colour a method in an selfmade JavaTextEditor [message #675949 is a reply to message #672195] Thu, 02 June 2011 06:05 Go to previous message
drthingums  is currently offline drthingums Friend

Fabian, this forum doesn't seem to be very helpful at all. My post "Several questions from a novice" has been viewed 3470 times and the only replies have been from someone less knowledgeable than me! And sorry, I can't answer your question.
Previous Topic:Programmatic open Remote Search
Next Topic:Attach menu-item to function-key
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:53:32 GMT 2024