Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout & Swing LAF
Scout & Swing LAF [message #667610] Fri, 29 April 2011 22:10 Go to next message
Adrian MoserFriend
When I run Eclipse Scout with Swing, is there a way to modify or even hide the light-blue area between the menus and the main default windows?

The light-blue area remains the same, I tried running Scout with Nimbus, Aqua Look and Feels and others. Also, the AbstractOutlineViewButtons have always the same look and feel, not changing to the Java LAF.

Thanks
Adrian
Re: Scout & Swing LAF [message #667990 is a reply to message #667610] Tue, 03 May 2011 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi Adrian

Yes you can replace that bar with an own implementation or you can use the class LegacySwingScoutRootFrame which should look better with the default look and feels. But keep in mind it is legacy so it possibly will be removed sometime.

To replace the default bar you need to override a method in the class SwingApplication.

public class SwingEnvironment extends DefaultSwingEnvironment {

@Override
  public ISwingScoutRootFrame createRootComposite(Frame rootFrame, IDesktop desktop) {
    ISwingScoutRootFrame ui = new LegacySwingScoutRootFrame(this, rootFrame, desktop);
    decorate(desktop, ui);
    return ui;
  }

}

I agree that the default bar does not look good with the java LAFs. Could you report a bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Scout&am p;format=guided? That would be great.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Claudio
Re: Scout & Swing LAF [message #669414 is a reply to message #667990] Tue, 10 May 2011 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian MoserFriend
Thanks, the ticket is
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=345184
Re: Scout & Swing LAF [message #1383891 is a reply to message #669414] Mon, 26 May 2014 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tadeo Granese is currently offline Tadeo GraneseFriend
Hi!

I'm just overwritten the SwingScoutRootFrame to personalize the SwingScoutHeaderPanel. I have created SecuritySwingScoutRootFrame that extends SwingScoutRootFrame and when overrides the createSwingScoutHeaderPanel method in concordance with the comment...

/**
* To be overwritten to install a custom header panel
* @return
*/
protected SwingScoutHeaderPanel createSwingScoutHeaderPanel() {
return new SwingScoutHeaderPanel();
}

I've seen that SwingScoutHeaderPanel is not interfaced and I can't personalize the header.
Is there another way to do this? Actually I've copied SwingScoutRootFrame but it isn't the idea and it's works.

Kind regards
Tadeo

[Updated on: Mon, 26 May 2014 20:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Scout & Swing LAF [message #1383918 is a reply to message #1383891] Tue, 27 May 2014 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I am not sure to understand what you are trying to do. Can you post a screenshot or a Sketch?

Are you using Rayo or Nimbus? (or an other Laf)?

Did you have a look at:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/HowTo/3.9/Branding_the_Swing_Client

Thank you in advance...
Re: Scout & Swing LAF [message #1384712 is a reply to message #1383918] Fri, 30 May 2014 16:02 Go to previous message
Tadeo Granese is currently offline Tadeo GraneseFriend
Hi Jeremi,
I'm using Nimbus.

I try to perzonalize the HeaderPanel, hide the Logo and navigation bar, and give it another look and feel.

There is a image the my actual look and feel
index.php/fa/18177/0/

I know if is there a simpler way to do this?

Thanks
Tadeo
Previous Topic:DocX Template filling error
Next Topic:Problem directly after installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:49:05 GMT 2024