Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Scalablity/Peformance Benchmarks?
Scalablity/Peformance Benchmarks? [message #667589] Fri, 29 April 2011 18:19 Go to next message
Terrence M Drozdowski is currently offline Terrence M DrozdowskiFriend
Curious if there have been any scalability and performance benchmarks run on Virgo 3 with Tomcat. Curious how I would go about configuring it for HA.

We were planning for our web app to run with Apache fronting n-number of Tomcat instances with mod_jk. If we migrated to Virgo, what would be our path here?
Re: Scalablity/Peformance Benchmarks? [message #667754 is a reply to message #667589] Mon, 02 May 2011 05:25 Go to previous message
Tin N/A is currently offline Tin N/AFriend
I haven't seen any such benchmarks, but from the experience of running DM server in production (currently migrating to Virgo), I'd say performance-wise there is no significant (if any) difference to plain Tomcat.

As far as scalability is concerned, do the same as you would with plain Tomcat - configure mod_jk (proxy_ajp) for sticky sessions so that load balancing is at its most efficient (i.e. a single session conversation always handled by the same background node), and for failover configure Tomcat session replication and mark your web applications as distributed.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2011 05:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[Solved]Load Class from Workspace
Next Topic:Adding maven to the provisioning repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:59:39 GMT 2024