Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Adding a Symbol to the palette(How can I work on papyrus source code to add a symbol to the palette?)
Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #667355] Thu, 28 April 2011 09:58 Go to next message
Miriam  is currently offline Miriam Friend
Hi,
Is it possible to add a symbol to the palette? I need to create a new symbol, very similar to continuation symbol for a specefic language. If it's possible, can I have an example or a tutorial showing how to change something in papyrus source code?
Thank you so much.
Re: Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #672489 is a reply to message #667355] Sat, 21 May 2011 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sébastien Gérard is currently offline Sébastien GérardFriend
Hi, please could clarify what do you mean by symbol in the palette? Do you want just to change symbol of a tool in the palette, or do you want to create a new tool in the palette?

Best... Sébastien.
Re: Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #673371 is a reply to message #672489] Mon, 23 May 2011 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
I actually would like to have a new tool, which allow me to synchronize between different lifelines. something like combined fragment or continuation ( the most important issue that it could cover the lifelines of the sequence diagram ), with a text zone.
I cannot use combined fragment because it has already its own types (seq, alt, loop, ...), and continuation would be great if only I could insert it in the main interaction ( continuation is only allowed in the alt combined fragment, and not outside).
I saw the code, and I tried to have the possibility to add a continuation in the main interaction, but I think I have a problem in ContinuationLocator. For the combined fragment, I cannot add a new type (it's related to InteractionOperatorKind).
So, that's why, if none of these solutions are possible, I am thinking about adding a very new symbol to the palette, to synchronize between lifelines, and with a text zone or a label.
I hope you understood what I do need, it's kind of urgent and important for my project, thanks for your help.

Miriam
Re: Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #673601 is a reply to message #673371] Tue, 24 May 2011 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Drist your need exactly which element of the UML can play this role.

If your want to precise the semantic create a profile with stereotypes. Then you can add in the palette a element with sterotype and modify its behavior by adding editpolicyprovider and editpartprovider...
Re: Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #674567 is a reply to message #673601] Fri, 27 May 2011 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Valerian Merkling is currently offline Valerian MerklingFriend
Patrick Tessier wrote on Tue, 24 May 2011 04:33
Then you can add in the palette a element with sterotype and modify its behavior by adding editpolicyprovider and editpartprovider...

How do you do that ? Editing papyrus source ?
Re: Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #675064 is a reply to message #674567] Mon, 30 May 2011 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend

To do that you need to create new plugin of diagram and use extension point as editpolicyprovider and editpartprovider.

This is not a modification of the coden but an addings of plugins.
Re: Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #675328 is a reply to message #675064] Tue, 31 May 2011 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Valerian Merkling is currently offline Valerian MerklingFriend
Any link with tutorial or doc about this ? Very Happy
Re: Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #687899 is a reply to message #675328] Thu, 23 June 2011 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't see how to do it, have you any docs about it?
thanks
Re: Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #688351 is a reply to message #687899] Fri, 24 June 2011 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Blackwell is currently offline Steve BlackwellFriend
Miriam,

The Platform Plug-in developers guide is here: http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp

A Papyrus developer's guide is here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus_Developer_Guide

Also there is a bug:
348892: [General] Sources are missing from papyrus SDK
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=348892
so I'm not even sure if it is possible to do any development.

If you are able to get a development environment set up, please share how you did it. I have not been able to do any development yet (which may well be due to my general lack of Eclipse knowledge) and the only help I have received from the developers is the above developer's guide link which was not enough for me to get started.

Good luck,
Steve
Re: Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #688388 is a reply to message #688351] Fri, 24 June 2011 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yann Tanguy is currently offline Yann TanguyFriend
The easy way to get a Papyrus dev environment is to get Papyrus SDK installed in Indigo.

Doing this, all plug-ins required to develop plug-ins for Papyrus will be installed as well.

Unfortunately, current (0.8.0) Papyrus SDK does not include the sources, meaning that to view or modify Papyrus source code you'll need to get the plug-in sources from the svn repository : http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/tags/0.8.0/plugins

Under the "/uml/" you'll find the plug-ins related to UML diagrams (and more generally UML features).

For instance the plug-in containing the Sequence Diagram source code is located in

.../uml/org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.sequence
(http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/tags/0.8.0/plugins/uml/org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.sequence)

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2011 15:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #688526 is a reply to message #688388] Fri, 24 June 2011 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Makartetskiy is currently offline Denis MakartetskiyFriend
Dear Yann,
could you please expand a little bit on Papyrus SDK in Indigo?

I downloaded Indigo Modelling Tools Eclipse package and installed Papyrus MDT (Incubation) by going to "Installing Modeling Components". At the end I couldn't find any Papyrus SDK in my environment.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.
Denis
Re: Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #688792 is a reply to message #688526] Sat, 25 June 2011 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing wrong here in what you describe.

Maybe you can start by making sure that Papyrus has been installed. To do so, select the menu "Help" / "About Eclipse", and make sure you see the Papyrus logo (a kind of green bird face).

Assuming Papyrus install is correct you can switch to Papyrus perspective, to do that select "Window" / "Open Perspective" / "Other", then select "Papyrus" in the dialog.

To start a new project (and model) select "File" / "New" / "Other" (or ctrl+n), then in the dialog look for a Papyrus folder and select "Papyrus Project". Pursue with the project creation dialog and Papyrus model editor should open.
Re: Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #689331 is a reply to message #688388] Mon, 27 June 2011 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Blackwell is currently offline Steve BlackwellFriend
If I switch to the SVN perspective and attempt to add the repository location you gave:

http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/tags/0.8.0/plugins

I get an error: Error validating location: "Unable to load default SVN Client".

Is this not the correct way to do this?
Step by step instructions really would be helpful.

Steve

Re: Adding a Symbol to the palette [message #689361 is a reply to message #689331] Mon, 27 June 2011 13:53 Go to previous message
The error message seem to relate to your SVN Client being not properly installed.

Maybe you can get more info on their project page (http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/) or forum.
Previous Topic:How to get a diagram programmatically?
Next Topic:Minor sequence diagram bug?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:15:52 GMT 2024