Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Problem to deploy many bundles in order from eclipse IDE
Problem to deploy many bundles in order from eclipse IDE [message #667269] Wed, 27 April 2011 18:27 Go to next message
facundo rodriguez is currently offline facundo rodriguezFriend

Hi all,

Our situation is the following, we have an application that uses Spring MVC, Spring dm, Maven and we started few weeks ago to use Virgo (before of that we where using the Equinox incorporated with Eclipse). It has many bundles and most of them have dependencies to others.

We try to deploy from Eclipse IDE all the bundles together but it crashed for not respect the dependencies. So we must to deploy one by one, to respect the bundle dependencies.

For accelerate the application development we want to create a plan which deploy all the bundles directly from Eclipse IDE and that uses the workspace proyects to deploy in the Virgo server. The problem is that it looks for the bundles compiled in the repository forlder of the VWS and not realize that are in the workspace. So we want to know if there is any option to do that.

We are using Eclipse Helios, Spring DM Server tools plugin v2.6 and Virgo 2.1.1.RELEASE.

Thanks in advance,

Facundo
Re: Problem to deploy many bundles in order from eclipse IDE [message #667319 is a reply to message #667269] Thu, 28 April 2011 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
The dm Server tooling has rudimentary support for plans which should support the scenario you are describing. Try creating a new plan by looking in the EclipseRT section for artefact types that can be created. Then IIRC you can drag and drop bundles from the workspace into the plan. I'm sure you'll figure it out once you find how to create a plan.

Hope that helps.
Re: Problem to deploy many bundles in order from eclipse IDE [message #667392 is a reply to message #667319] Thu, 28 April 2011 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Glyn,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to do what you said but Eclipse doesn't give me an option to create a plan, just bundles and pars, so as the virgo documentation says I create a faceted proyect with an Eclipse RT plan facet and when I finish the creation an error pop up araise saying that

" Problems encountered while setting project description.
Nature com.springsource.server.ide.facet.core.plannature is missing prerequisite nature: org.springframework.ide.eclipse.core.springnature."

The only way I had to create a plan was creating a common java project and I create inside it an xml file with the plan definition (with extension .plan). Virgo recognize the plan I allow me to deploy it but it don't find the bundles from my workspace. If I put the compiled bundles in the repository folder of virgo server, it works, but it's a bit anoying.

Any tip to solve that will be appreciated!

Facundo
Re: Problem to deploy many bundles in order from eclipse IDE [message #667408 is a reply to message #667392] Thu, 28 April 2011 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The plan support in the tooling is rather half-baked as it was added pretty late in the 2.0 development cycle.

You can convert a plain project into a plan project by right clicking on the project, clicking Spring Tools->Add OSGi Plan Project Nature. Then you need to create a suitable xxx.plan XML file with the appropriate contents.

Finally, you should be able to drag and drop the plan project on the running Virgo server.

Sorry this is so difficult. It's something that should improve as the Virgo tooling evolves in Eclipse.org.
Re: Problem to deploy many bundles in order from eclipse IDE [message #667448 is a reply to message #667408] Thu, 28 April 2011 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Glyn,

Thanks men!

It works with drag & drop! Anyway I think there is something that don't work properly because we have to deploy two times the same plan deploy correctly. The first time we deploy the plan it still arraise an error because the server can't locate the bundles but we can see the bundles are deployed in stage area. When we undeploy and deploy the plan for second time it works fine.
Another problem what we had was that adding the plan from the option "Add and Remove..." of the server instance allways throws an error to find the bundles, cause it look for them in the repository and not in the workspace! A bit strange!

Thanks a lot,

Cheers
Re: Problem to deploy many bundles in order from eclipse IDE [message #667969 is a reply to message #667448] Tue, 03 May 2011 07:21 Go to previous message
I'm glad you made progress.

If you would care to capture the misbehaviours as bugs with steps to reproduce, that would be very helpful.
Previous Topic:Adding maven to the provisioning repository
Next Topic:Can't import standard Java package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:38:42 GMT 2024