Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Problem with migrating bundles to Virgo
Problem with migrating bundles to Virgo [message #667167] Wed, 27 April 2011 08:13 Go to next message
Carsten Stiller is currently offline Carsten StillerFriend
Hi, I'm new to Virgo and I'm trying to get some of my already existing OSGi-Bundles to run. After installing the SpringSource dm Server Tools in Eclipse, I was able to add a Virgo web-server instance to my workspace (I'm running virgo-web-server-2.1.1.RELEASE).

Afterwards I selected "Add OSGi Bundle Project Nature" from the "Spring Tools" menu of the bundle-projects to be able to publish the bundles to Virgo. After deployment, Virgo tells me, the bundle is started, but it always states the bundle version is 0.0.0, even if the MANIFEST.MF specifies another Bundle-Version, also all the Import-Bundles and Export-Bundles are empty - it looks like my MANIFEST.MF is ignored?

Any hints in getting my bundles to run?
Re: Problem with migrating bundles to Virgo [message #667326 is a reply to message #667167] Thu, 28 April 2011 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Stiller is currently offline Carsten StillerFriend
I just found the solution to the problem: Projects with the Spring Tools OSGi Bundle Project Nature expect to find META-INF and the MANIFEST.MF in the src-folder, while plugin projects created in "plain" eclipse place the META-INF directory in the project-root.

Might get off-topic in the Virgo forums, but is there any way to tell Spring Tools to look for the META-INF directory somewhere else? Same applies to OSGI-INF directories as some of my bundles place their component definition XMLs for declarative services there ...
Re: Problem with migrating bundles to Virgo [message #669865 is a reply to message #667326] Wed, 11 May 2011 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Lafleche is currently offline Benoit LaflecheFriend
I asked the same question a few week ago if we could use the same manifest as an eclipse RCP bundle and unfortunatly, the answer was VIRGO look for the manifest in the src-folder.

For now, you need to modify the first implementation of your bundle... For now, I'm making a copy as I'm just testing too!
Re: Problem with migrating bundles to Virgo [message #670100 is a reply to message #669865] Thu, 12 May 2011 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arez  is currently offline arez Friend
What I did is I created a resources folder as source folder and when I generate the META-INF via the spring tools it will copy it in there. This is very convenient for me since I store all my context files in there as well.
Re: Problem with migrating bundles to Virgo [message #672009 is a reply to message #667167] Thu, 19 May 2011 14:55 Go to previous message
Martin Lippert is currently offline Martin LippertFriend
The OSGi support of the dm Server tooling is slightly different from the "normal" PDE tooling for OSGi that you can find in Eclipse. But I agree that this is sometimes confusing and should be unified or simplified in the future. At a minimum, you should be able to deploy PDE as well as Bundlor-based projects easily into your Virgo runtime server. And that is definitely a point on our list to work on for the Virgo IDE (the dm Server tooling that moved to the Virgo project).

So stay tuned for improvements in this area...

Cheers,
-Martin
Previous Topic:Accessibility of kernel classes
Next Topic:Version numbers not being recognised when deploying from eclipse / STS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:56:10 GMT 2024